Newcastle Goalkeepers

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I see Krul as a younger Given, not the best at crosses but brilliant at shot stopping. I haven't seen enough of Forster to judge him but Krul has so much potential to be world class and cashing in before Harps retired would be stupid.

We're in a really good position being spoilt for keepers, just hope it's managed correctly and we don't loose Forster or Krul as their both going to be class. Would like to see Krul get a season on loan somewhere if he's not going to get games, needs experience and games under his belt to keep his development going.

I'd like to see Harper as No.1 for the first half of next season with Forster as No.2.  Halfway through the season, I'd like to see Forster blooded more with the aim of him being No.1 by the season end.  Krul would be on loan, preferably to another Premier league club, in the same way Hart did at Birmingham.  The season after I would like to see Harper move to No.3 in a mainly coaching role with Forster and Krul our two main keepers.  Harper has been at our club for 18 years, his effect on the other players cannot be underestimated and I feel he has the personality to become a good goalkeeping coach.

I'd rather prefer that we sold Harper, and went for Krul and Forster.

Why the hell would you sell Harper?!  You wouldn't get anything for him!!  He's worth far more to us than others.  I bet you want to sell Nolan and Ameobi as well!

For no other reason than wanting Krul or Forster as our no. 1. I'd rather do it next season (providing one of them are ready to step up) then running the risk of loosing a potensial top (?) solid (?) consistent (?) GK talent. In a MA's transfer-policy-world it makes sense to ship out the "oldies" on high wages, and build on the younger, cheaper, and more sellable assets.

I'd rather prefer that we sold Harper, and went for Krul and Forster.

Why the hell would you sell Harper?!  You wouldn't get anything for him!!  He's worth far more to us than others.  I bet you want to sell Nolan and Ameobi as well!

For no other reason than wanting Krul or Forster as our no. 1. I'd rather do it next season (providing one of them are ready to step up) then running the risk of loosing a potensial top (?) solid (?) consistent (?) GK talent. In a MA's transfer-policy-world it makes sense to ship out the "oldies" on high wages, and build on the younger, cheaper, and more sellable assets.

Except Harper isn't on high wages and you'd be left with two very young, very inexperienced keepers with no Premiership pedigree.  Seriously, do not underestimate what Harper brings to the squad!

I'd like to see Harper as No.1 for the first half of next season with Forster as No.2.  Halfway through the season, I'd like to see Forster blooded more with the aim of him being No.1 by the season end.  Krul would be on loan, preferably to another Premier league club, in the same way Hart did at Birmingham.  The season after I would like to see Harper move to No.3 in a mainly coaching role with Forster and Krul our two main keepers.  Harper has been at our club for 18 years, his effect on the other players cannot be underestimated and I feel he has the personality to become a good goalkeeping coach.

:clap:

I don't care how much potential they both have. I wouldn't feel the least bit comfortable selling Harper and having nothing to call on but a couple of 23 year olds who havn't fully proved themselves in a Newcastle shirt, no matter what they've done on loan at other clubs. Need to keep Harper at least one more season. Even after he goes I wouldn't mind us getting in a cheap, experienced replacement to sit in the background in case.

It's a real shame that Harper didn't get the nod from Bobby, because he was the better keeper out of him and Given when he first emerged into the first Xl. He's past his best now, but he's still the best we have and one of the better keepers in the PL. Very happy to see him pass the torch to Forster in a year or so.

Amazing that Forster has never even came on as a sub or played in any of the cup competitions for us.

Think it's because for a while Krul was judged on the back of that night in Palmero which instantly cemented his place ahead of Forster in the pecking order. Overall though this has been beneficial for Forster as it's allowed him to gain experience and rack up game time on loan and to properly develop while Krul's spend large periods on the bench as our number 2.

Guest toonlass

all these people saying they want Forster over Krul,  have you actually seen him play? 

I've seen him play.

all these people saying they want Forster over Krul,  have you actually seen him play? 

More than you, clearly.

i've seen him playing for our reserves loads of times and a few times on sky this season when Celtic have been on but he's been a spectator in most of those.