Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Be interesting to see what Wolves do without Doyle, their system is based around the fact he works his knackers off in a 4-5-1, can't see Fletcher working as hard as Doyle so they might go 4-4-2, which would certainly favour us. Milijas is the worry for me, he's been much improved this season and seems to play in the space between defence and midfield, somewhere we might struggle to cover tomorrow.

Edit: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/01/ebanks-blake-to-start-for-wolves/

That ends that mystery (if McCarthy isn't being coy) - they will be:

Hennessey, Foley, Stearman, Berra, Elokobi, Hammill, Henry, Milijas, O'Hara, Jarvis, Ewanks-Blokes

Guest taps01

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique

Barton - Guthrie - Nolan - Jonas

Lovenkrands - Ameobi

... if that team makes it (as it's how i see Pardew will line us up), i think we can grab a win.

Similar to the team that played against spurs which put in a good performance.  The only change being Shola for Best.  If we get this team out i reckon we will win..

That defence is there for the taking, can't believe Foley is in the premiership!

There for the taking by who?  Kuqi and Ranger? I can't believe they're in the Premiership either. :p

Good point, er.. Nolan?

I fancy Loven to score actually :lol:

Harper

Lovenkrands - Ameobi

... if that team makes it (as it's how i see Pardew will line us up), i think we can grab a win.

Similar to the team that played against spurs which put in a good performance.  The only change being Shola for Best.  If we get this team out i reckon we will win..

I still find it embarrassingly shit that we'd be putting out a team that is weaker than the one that ended last season. As a result the game could easily go either way tomorrow, he who scores first should win but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw.

Harper

Lovenkrands - Ameobi

Similar to the team that played against spurs which put in a good performance.  The only change being Shola for Best.  If we get this team out i reckon we will win..

I still find it embarrassingly shit that we'd be putting out a team that is weaker than the one that ended last season. As a result the game could easily go either way tomorrow, he who scores first should win but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw.

Debatable if it's weaker, obviously we don't have Carroll but Simpson is much improved and Barton is actually there and playing his best football for years.

I get your point though.

Guest hobshobs

It still amazes me how Guthrie gets defended. He is utterly woeful and has consistently shown this.

Don't panic. Pardew thinks Nolan should be in the England midfield so by that reckoning Guthrie must be on the fringes of an international call up. And we're gonna give this clown £35 million to spend in the summer.

Guest magpie99

I havent read much of this thread but I would chance  putting Perch in the Tiote role, at least fromthe start, just to seehow it pans out.

Ranger has to start for me. Hisd continual harassing of defenders should open up something for our attackers against what can be described  as a suspect defence.

Having said that mind, we must NOT concede under any circumstances. One point is better than none, if the worst comes to the worst.

Harper

Simpson  Colo  Williamson  Ferguson

Barton    Nolan    Guthrie    Jonas

Ameobi    Ranger

3-1 us, Ranger to get off the mark in the Premier League, and Nolan to score 2.