Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

my 20/1 bet on us getting relegated will look a lot better if we get beat by wolves,

I just hope I dont collect on this bet,

but I suppose it would ease the pain a bit.

OK.

my 20/1 bet on us getting relegated will look a lot better if we get beat by wolves,

And you call yourself a fan? Fuck off.

And you call yourself a fan? Fuck off.

That first line man.

Guest ovesbar

Well it seems that many on here thinks that relegation is very likely this season. Then surely 13-15 to 1 is great value?

Whilst I am firmly in the "I will bet for football rather than Newcastle" camp aka the "anti-Kaizero approach", betting on our relegation is just not right.

Especially considering I don't think it'll happen :laugh: It's just scare-mongering.

He's already said he hopes he doesn't collect.

Needless bet to make then no?

How? Sentimentality is part of the reason the bookie generally comes off best. Bet with your head. 20/1 represents pretty incredible value, especially in retrospect.

How? Sentimentality is part of the reason the bookie generally comes off best. Bet with your head. 20/1 represents pretty incredible value, especially in retrospect.

I just wouldn't ever bet on us to go down. And probably couldn't bring myself to collect it if we did. Each to their own I suppose, but betting against your team just seems wrong to me

yeah i'm putting the Euromillions on this week but hope i don't win.

nobody bets and doesn't want to win,  otherwise you may as well just throw the money away.  I still don't understand why you'd bet on your team to lose and then say hope i don't they don't collect.

Except his bet does have a sentimental element to it, although it's a negative one.

He's not betting with his head - Villa and Sunderland both on ridiculous slides and both arguably in as good of a chance of going down as us, yet he bets on us.

If he wasn't a NUFC fan, I would put everything on him not putting the same bet on.

Guest Rey Mysterio

In response to Dale_Toon...

I had bet on Arsenal to win the Carling Cup earlier in the competition. I very nearly had £20.00 on Birmingham to win the final to soften the blow of the hundreds i'd miss out on if Arsenal didn't win it. Needless to say I would have wanted that bet to lose.

Backing us to go down is similar. Obviously you would want us to stay up but winning a bet would be a small good thing to come out of it. Especially if you're taking advantage of a daft price such as 20/1.

Except his bet does have a sentimental element to it, although it's a negative one.

He's not betting with his head - Villa and Sunderland both on ridiculous slides and both arguably in as good of a chance of going down as us, yet he bets on us.

If he wasn't a NUFC fan, I would put everything on him not putting the same bet on.

20/1 is great value, he is using his head. Him being an NUFC fan puts him in a better position to place an NUFC bet than most. Gambling is about using what you know.