Lovenkrands

Lovenkrands  Lovenkrands  Lovenkrands

Lovenkrands                                            Lovenkrands

Lovenkrands    Lovenkrands  Lovenkrands

Lovenkrands

Lovenkrands

:lol: Pace and power in every position

Don't forget height!

And incisive finishing, don't forget the incisive finishing.

Don't need an analogy. Newcastle getting relegated is sad, but contrary to the bollocks about football being more important than life or death - it's not. Or torture.

How about this one? A prudent and judicious Newcastle fan who bet on Newcastle getting relegated in 2008/09, was able to use the proceeds to buy a season ticket he otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford - which contributed to the ticket revenue which paid the footballers who got the team promoted the following season. Is that really what you want Kaizero, Newcastle to not get promoted? IS IT!?

Don't need an analogy. Newcastle getting relegated is sad, but contrary to the bollocks about football being more important than life or death - it's not. Or torture.

How about this one? A prudent and judicious Newcastle fan who bet on Newcastle getting relegated in 2008/09, was able to use the proceeds to buy a season ticket he otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford - which contributed to the ticket revenue which paid the footballers who got the team promoted the following season. Is that really what you want Kaizero, Newcastle to not get promoted? IS IT!?

Just as you betting on us getting relegated had nothing to do with it, one person using blood money on a season ticket had nothing to do with us getting promoted. Personally, I don't see how I'd manage to still call myself a fan if I'd bought an ST with money made from betting on our misfortune.

I'm gonna go find a bookie and bet some money on what age some old people I know will die at. I mean, they may not die that year, but if they do, at least I'll make some money from it.

You need the site www.deathlist.net/ Ronnie Biggs currently heads the top 50 tips but Liz Taylor has pipped him coming in at no.25.

Just as you betting on us getting relegated had nothing to do with it, one person using blood money on a season ticket had nothing to do with us getting promoted.

For the record, I didn't bet on it, but there's nothing wrong with the principle of it.

Have you ever put a bet on a rival team winning? Surely you should feel grief stricken for betting on something that ultimately is detrimental to NUFC?

This is absurd. Wanting the best for your team and making money on what you think will objectively happen are so far removed from one another.

I won the best part of 300 quid when we went down last time. Would have swapped it all for an equalizer at Villa though.

Same here, man. Stood to make a very tidy profit, but was down at Villa Park praying that we'd snatch a point. Went fucking insane when news of the Man U goal came in.

Is it really so difficult for some of you to compartmentalize what you want to happen and what you think will happen? Sorry, like, but you're not going very far if that's the case.

I don't really think not betting against Newcastle will have a deteriorating effect on my career prospects. Why do any Newcastle fan go into any match thinking "we'll lose this, better put some money on it." Have some faith in your team, man. Don't bet on your team if you don't fancy their chances, but don't fucking bet against it.

I have to say, I was completely against betting against NUFC because of the reasons that were mentioned in this thread.

Some time ago though, I changed my mind about it. Why not bet against your own team when you seem to know better than the bookies (which will in most cases only happen with bets concerning your own team)?

I have to say, I was completely against betting against NUFC because of the reasons that were mentioned in this thread.

Some time ago though, I changed my mind about it. Why not bet against your own team when you seem to know better than the bookies (which will in most cases only happen with bets concerning your own team)?

'cause you're making money off the misfortune of your team in a match you are watching and actively cheering for the team you've bet against. I guess some people just value money over having some standards, though.

I just know I'd rather see Newcastle go to places like Old Trafford and still think there's a chance we'll nick something, even if it looks nigh on impossible to do so rather than sit back and wait for money to roll into my betting account from going into the match certain we'll lose. My glass is half full, probably why I find it wrong.

I won the best part of 300 quid when we went down last time. Would have swapped it all for an equalizer at Villa though.

Same here, man. Stood to make a very tidy profit, but was down at Villa Park praying that we'd snatch a point. Went f***ing insane when news of the Man U goal came in.

Is it really so difficult for some of you to compartmentalize what you want to happen and what you think will happen? Sorry, like, but you're not going very far if that's the case.

Again if he wasn't a Newcastle fan, he wouldn't even have made the bet. We're not even the best candidates for relegation. It's a sentimental bet in the other direction.

'cause you're making money off the misfortune of your team in a match you are watching and actively cheering for the team you've bet against. I guess some people just value money over having some standards, though.

You want to win money and you want to be happy about it.

If I won a bet against Newcastle being relegated, I wouldn't be happy in the slightest. For me, betting and winning money is about the enjoyment of it, not the sport of it.

When I won the 6-0 Villa bet back in August, it made the whole thing that little bit sweeter. I was utterly bemused and delighted - that's what betting is about to me.

You want to win money and you want to be happy about it.

If I won a bet against Newcastle being relegated, I wouldn't be happy in the slightest. For me, betting and winning money is about the enjoyment of it, not the sport of it.

When I won the 6-0 Villa bet back in August, it made the whole thing that little bit sweeter. I was utterly bemused and delighted - that's what betting is about to me.

:thup:

I don't really think not betting against Newcastle will have a deteriorating effect on my career prospects. Why do any Newcastle fan go into any match thinking "we'll lose this, better put some money on it." Have some faith in your team, man. Don't bet on your team if you don't fancy their chances, but don't fucking bet against it.

Don't really think you've addressed the issue raised between the dichotomy of what you think will happen and what you want to happen. Also, have you ever bet on a NUFC rival?

I'm not going to pursue it anymore - if you don't feel comfortable betting on it, you don't feel comfortable betting on it. Doesn't matter. You seem to do okay betting without NUFC.

The way you've phrased it is warped by your own, clearly strong, personal convictions on the matter. Could just as easily be "Desperate for us to win, but it's highly doubtful seeing as we're playing Lovenkrands on the right wing and Steven Taylor at left-midfield. Would love a hattrick from either of them, but 12/1 is a good price for neither of them to get a hattrick - at least the day will be mitigated somewhat".

End of the day, in the same way no one can tell you that your support for the team is deficient (for any reason), you can't really question the support of the team of a fan who wants them to win just as badly as you but expects a loss all the same.

Kaziero agrees. I'm sure he has loads of enjoyment placing those £200 doubles on that he's 'relying on'. :lol:

Anyway, we all gamble for different reasons. It's f***ing ludicrous that some little b****** tells me i'm a less of a fan for putting money where my opinions are. I never want us to drop points, ever.