UK fellas, how do you follow an away game that you can't attend?

Ridman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I was wondering about this. The 15:00 saturday games aren´t shown on TV in the UK (which is absolutely mind boggling to me).  Like here we got a sport channel that solely focuses on the English Premier League, it has 5 sub channels and every game that is played can be seen live on TV.  I´d go absolutely mad if I couldn´t watch every Newcastle game, I missed out on one game this season because I was out of town and it was one of the worst days of my life. It was the 5-0 win over West Ham, I kept checking on the score on my mobile every 15 seconds and was nearly in tears over missing such a good game with Best scoring a hat trick and all. Often when I read the match thread on match day I notice some people following the game through the radio and whatnot and I begin to wonder how people on this forum are following the game.

Lets say for arguement´s sake that it´s an away game that you can´t attend.

Remember the rules, no links to sites that host illegal content.

Guest palnese

A fucking class Internet stream at home or at the pub. Loved the radio last year.

I travel over about once a year.

I'm not from the UK though.

That's a very interesting question you have brought up Ridman, and certainly one which has intrigued me recently. Over here, they pretty much show every single Premier League game live. Obviously for every game there's a set of British commentators but why do they bother if no-one in the UK is watching the game live legally (obviously excluding 'televised' matches)?

Are they just there for shows like MOTD and the replays during the news? Down-right bizarre.

at the game when at home, for aways i'll try and stream at home or watch in a pub, failing that, radio.

last game i din't have any contact with was villa away when we went down, had a walk round kielder instead.

:lol:  some people take the global coverage for granted nowadays.  It was only 10 years ago it was pretty much the radio or nothing else.  A very small number of pubs had just started getting foreign channels.

and not long before that it wasn't even radio comentary but three reports per half.

3pm kick offs aren't shown mainly because of the effect on attendances throughout the league, especially in sunderland. Probably right tbf but it's a right pain in the arse having to resort to the radio away from home.

Listening on the radio is fucking agony like, even when it's not the dreary shithouses on Radio Newcastle.

Yep. I never ever listen to the radio.

If for whatever reason I can't visually watch the game (very rare) then I just avoid it all together.

Listening on the radio is fucking agony like, even when it's not the dreary shithouses on Radio Newcastle.

If for whatever reason I can't visually watch the game (very rare) then I just avoid it all together.

:lol:

f off

Listening on the radio is f***ing agony like, even when it's not the dreary shithouses on Radio Newcastle.

i like listening on the radio. have some canny memories of games through that medium. solano pen against the mackems, leeds 4-3 at elland road, antwerp away amongst many.

Remember watching the Sheff Wed 8-0 on teletext. Fucking glorious. Everytime time it came round to our page we'd scored another :fwap:

When not there, mainly listen to the radio and flick over to the river when something happens. Can't stand being a couple of minutes behind.

getting results when abroad used to be fun. once rang my mam for the result from covenrty away, after telling her the page number etc she said 5-1, had to get her to read out the scoreres to make sure she had it the right way round.

Totally agree with these matches not being televised.  It would kill attedances, particularly in lower and non leagues.

I can't do radio either so tend to just check my mobile every 10 mins or so -agony.