UK fellas, how do you follow an away game that you can't attend?

Ridman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do I remove an option? Want to remove the "I´m at the game" option, lets say for arguement´s sake that the game is an away game and you can´t attend. If some admin could clean it up that would be swell.

There really is nothing like this place on a match day. I find it far far better and more efficient than any other service on the internet, bar streams - both in terms of updating the score and seeing how we're generally doing on a match day.

I also find Sky Sports intolerable at times. Phil fucking Thompson man.  :rant: What a twunt.

If it's on Sky/ESPN, then I watch it on there.

If it's a home match, nowadays I'm probably there.

If it's an away match, a mix of illegal stream/SSN/radio

3pm kick offs aren't shown mainly because of the effect on attendances throughout the league, especially in sunderland. Probably right tbf but it's a right pain in the arse having to resort to the radio away from home.

:lol:

Living in London I attend maybe 5 or 6 away games and 3 or 4 home games a season.

The only other way to follow it in the UK is via an illegal stream.

I can't even listen to the radio as local radio doesn't broadcast football on the internet.

I really wish someone would come out with a professional subscription service that meant I could watch the Saturday games legally and pay for it, the Premier League is way behind the times on this issue IMO.

Living in London I attend maybe 5 or 6 away games and 3 or 4 home games a season.

I can't even listen to the radio as local radio doesn't broadcast football on the internet.

I really wish someone would come out with a professional subscription service that meant I could watch the Saturday games legally and pay for it, the Premier League is way behind the times on this issue IMO.

I suppose the agreement not to broadcast all the matches would also cover online subscriptions as well. As well as getting all 380 live games over here, the channel which broadcasts the matches also have an online service to watch games on your computer live.

I suppose the agreement not to broadcast all the matches would also cover online subscriptions as well. As well as getting all 380 live games over here, the channel which broadcasts the matches also have an online service to watch games on your computer live.

Yeah, I know the reason they don't do it, but it's a totally outdated concept IMO.

They should be making money out of the people who want to watch on TV and on the internet, not blocking them. I'm still not convinced it would affect attendances that much, although it might force ticket prices down a bit. Would like to see it trialled for a season or two at least.

Basically I just want to be able to watch the games!

Of course it wouldn't affect attendances.

All you have to do is look at TV games and midweek games and so on, to see that people will go to the match if they want to go to the match.

Guest icemanblue

But will they go to Gateshead if they can stay in and watch Newcastle play away?

This. Protects the lower leagues, innit.

But will they go to Gateshead if they can stay in and watch Newcastle play away?

Good point I guess, probably less people would.

But Gateshead only get a handful anyway, don't they? Is there any evidence that their attendances benefit from when Newcastle aren't playing?

I play sport every Saturday so getting a season ticket just isn't a viable option, I've made a few games this season though most I can't make as my games usually start around 2pm. If there was a service where you could pay to get every Newcastle game streamed online I'd happily do that, its totally daft that they don't try to make money from it rather than trying to block it all off.

Good point I guess, probably less people would.

But Gateshead only get a handful anyway, don't they? Is there any evidence that their attendances benefit from when Newcastle aren't playing?

I don't know think many would go if Newcastle were playing at all at the same time. Especially with illegal streaming/pubs.

I have no idea on the figures, but I imagine Gateshead attendances are higher on cup weekends/times when Newcastle aren't playing (be it midweek or because we've been moved for telly)

Guest Stephen927

I quite like Lockwood + Moncur. Usually have them in the background with a stream on the laptop.

Can't understand people who listen to the radio especially online when you can pretty much watch every game at the pub or on the computer.

The only reason I'd listen to the radio is that it's a lot less hassle than stream hunting. Especially when the full game (or near enough) can be seen on the TV a few hours later. Also, radio = live, often with video streams you're a few minutes behind and you already know what's going to happen.

Tho tbh, this is becoming pretty irrelevant for me, because being in the US = significantly easier to watch Premier League games, no matter what time they're on.

Unless they're midweek and I'm at work. :(