Rayne Wooney banned for two games for sweary outburst

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was less goal celebration more.. " Told you I am fkn great"... thousands of kids watch the games live on sky and do not need to witness that kind of thing, he should know better.

YES to much is being made of it in the press & media that's always the way though, but  the FA still need to ban him for it.

Poppycock! Thousands of kids go to watch football matches and here that sort of language and worse, lets face it, they probably hear those words walking down the street. Rooney should not have gone upto the camera and did what he did but everyone is making it out like it is some sort of war crime. tbh I have seen worse language on here (in which kids have access to and is available to the whole world).

Yes but he is a so called star, celeb, role model he is expected to set an example & not to act like some brain dead chav.

Guest johnson293

A local referee called radio newcastle this morning and said the punishment the FA have handed him is correct for the use of Foul and/or abusive language, and the referee on the day (was it Clattenburg?) has apparently since said if he'd heard it at the time, he would have sent him off for it.

The local ref also said the FA should have given him an extra one match ban and a fine for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

A local referee-called radio newcastle this morning and said the punishment the FA have handed him is correct for the use of Foul and/or abusive language, and the referee on the day (was it Clattenburg?) has apparently since said if he'd heard it at the time, he would have sent him off for it.

The local ref also said the FA should have given him an extra one match ban and a fine for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Hmm I wonder why :laugh:

A local referee called radio newcastle this morning and said the punishment the FA have handed him is correct for the use of Foul and/or abusive language, and the referee on the day (was it Clattenburg?) has apparently since said if he'd heard it at the time, he would have sent him off for it.

So the ref said he would send him off for swaering into the camera? what about when he gets away with telling the ref to f*** off, and what about his failure to send of Vidic. The ref just made himself look like a bigger clown with those comments.

Guest Stephen927

The rules are there, they might be harsh but all players must abide by them. Referees will turn a blind eye to swearing between players, but swearing into the camera? Rooney has only himself to blame. Whether he likes it or not, he's a role model to a lot of children. There has to be a standard set whereby the players behave like adults.

The rules are there, they might be harsh but all players must abide by them. Referees will turn a blind eye to swearing between players, but swearing into the camera? Rooney has only himself to blame. Whether he likes it or not, he's a role model to a lot of children. There has to be a standard set whereby the players behave like adults.

Is there actually a rule for swearing into the camera? Not defending his actions, but foul and abusive language should only be punished with a ban when it happens in the actual match.

Is there actually a rule for swearing into the camera? Not defending his actions, but foul and abusive language should only be punished with a ban when it happens in the actual match.

Last time I checked, the 79th minute was during the actual match  O0

Last time I checked, the 79th minute was during the actual match.

He didn't do it during play though did he? What im trying to say is that if swearing constantly at the referee isn't worthy of a ban, then how can swearing at a camera be?

He didn't do it during play though did he? What im trying to say is that if swearing constantly at the referee isn't worthy of a ban, then how can swearing at a camera be?

What if it was foul and abusive language towards someone in the crowd?

What if it was foul and abusive language towards someone in the crowd?

If the crowd give it out, then they should be expected to take it.

Let's apply the Joey Barton rule here, if JB had angrily stared into the camera and screamed "Fuck off what? Fuck off?" not only would he have he been banned for about 24 games he would have been hung drawn and quartered by all the Man U glory hunting wanker fans who are now complaining on Twitter etc

Let's apply the Joey Barton rule here, if JB had angrily stared into the camera and screamed "f*** off what? f*** off?" not only would he have he been banned for about 24 games he would have been hung drawn and quartered by all the Man U glory hunting w***** fans who are now complaining on Twitter etc

Agreed, but that's not the argument, is swearing to a camera really worthy of a two game ban?

Guest neesy111

Let's apply the Joey Barton rule here, if JB had angrily stared into the camera and screamed "f*** off what? f*** off?" not only would he have he been banned for about 24 games he would have been hung drawn and quartered by all the Man U glory hunting w***** fans who are now complaining on Twitter etc

Agreed, but that's not the argument, is swearing to a camera really worthy of a two game ban?

Yes, when it's beamed live all over the world.  Footballers playing on the big stage have a moral conduct to their professionals, club and mainly the 100's millions watching allover the world.

The FA should use this as a warning of whats to come if their new 'respect' campaign (or whatever its called) isn't adhered to.

We'll probably see more directions to refs to give a yellow to anything resembling foul and abusive language towards them on the pitch too.

It may take a couple of months but once the players know that they can't go around surrounding, harassing and bawling at refs, the captain and/or person(s) directly involved should still have access to get any points across, then all the better.

Guest johnson293

Probably not a specific rule for that, but it'll come under a general behaviour, foul/abusive language/actions type thing.

Probably similar to when they (the FA) charged Barton for dropping his shorts to Everton fans when he was a Man City player - he was fined, but not banned for that.

Yes, when it's beamed live all over the world.  Footballers playing on the big stage have a moral conduct to their professionals, club and mainly the 100's millions watching allover the world.

Suppose it's just a matter of if you really find swearing offensive, i don't, but then again i don't have kids of my own watching the match so i understand where people are coming from. I really wouldn't say it is worthy of a ban though.

Guest neesy111

Fuck's sake, neesy's still posting.

Uploading pictures to Facebook, so thought I would read the forum.

Suppose it's just a matter of if you really find swearing offensive, i don't, but then again i don't have kids of my own watching the match so i understand where people are coming from. I really wouldn't say it is worthy of a ban though.

Whilst if may seem incredibly harsh, I bet Rooney's punishment stops others from doing it in the future.

voted "no" as I think the ugly cnut should have been given a 5 match ban and a fine.

if barton had done that he'd be slapped daft by the fa

Barton got a ban for touching his own cock, during a match which was caught by the camera man.  Rooney specificly swore at the camera and public.

He should be beheaded.

voted "no" as I think the ugly cnut should have been given a 5 match ban and a fine.

if barton had done that he'd be slapped daft by the fa

Barton got a ban for touching his own cock, during a match which was caught by the camera man.  Rooney specificly swore at the camera and public.

He should be beheaded.

Barton didn't get banned for that did he?