Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest magpie99

Magpie99 is clueless, he still thinks Ashley is taking money out of the club ffs

If you could actually read, which seems doubtful, you will notice that the content of that post referred more to a query regarding how much interest the club was accruing from the 30 million downpayment from Liverpool for Carroll or if the money was paid off the debt therefore ensuring less money would be available in transfer funds.

The was no mention by me of Ashley taking this  money for his own personal gain.

I dont expect you to understand that though.

Guest magpie99

Liverpool werent playing for Hodgson at the time plus we had Carroll

Chelsea was a Hughton team and we were strong

Arsenal sahould never have drawn that game, even with 10 men

Spurs dominated us and should have beaten us by half time.

ohhhhh, and by the way.................ManchesterUnited are top of the league................above all those teams

and WE GOT NO FORWARDS

So, not confident then?

No, I am not confident especially as I dont think ewe have the players available to breach their defence at present. Furthermore, I have a feeling they will take their frustrations out on us after the City result, especially with Rooney available again.

Guest magpie99

As a valid argument, let me ask you one simple question.

Would you expect Man Utd to let slip a 4 goal lead in 23 minutes?

The Arsenal result was a freak one off result in my opinion.

Guest neesy111

They gave away a 3-1 lead v Everton in stoppage time earlier this season.

Well how often do we concede 3 gaols in less than 10 minutes? Isn't that also a freak?

Still think we'll get bummed though especially if they play Berbatov, Rooney, Nani and Giggs. Tiote's return is a relief but our 'strikeforce' (and I use that term very loosely) won't get anything out of Ferdinand and Vidic. There won't be any Nolan popping in from midfield either so our chance of scoring is very very low. A draw would be a bonus, though I want to see our boys fighting them for every ball and not just give up coz we're going against affectively the league champions.

Guest Roger Kint

Magpie99 is clueless, he still thinks Ashley is taking money out of the club ffs

If you could actually read, which seems doubtful, you will notice that the content of that post referred more to a query regarding how much interest the club was accruing from the 30 million downpayment from Liverpool for Carroll or if the money was paid off the debt therefore ensuring less money would be available in transfer funds.

The was no mention by me of Ashley taking this  money for his own personal gain.

Our debt is to Ashley, paying off our debt is Ashley taking that money out. Can you understand?

Did you expect Arsenal to? No? But it still happened - that's the whole point being made here man :lol:

This season of all seasons, to suggest that everything will go to form is a bit premature. To say we can't do it is frankly ridiculous - Man United have failed to win 11 of their 16 away games so far.

Who would pay that to see Lovenkrands and Ranger take on Ferdinand and Vidic anyway? Its going to be a long 90 minutes tomorrow, best we can hope for is something from whatever set pieces we get.

Guest toonlass

Considering it's the Easter holidays the club could have done an Adult and Child special priced ticket for this game. Get the kids in. Short sightedness on the clubs part.

Did you expect Arsenal to? No? But it still happened - that's the whole point being made here man :lol:

This season of all seasons, to suggest that everything will go to form is a bit premature. To say we can't do it is frankly ridiculous - Man United have failed to win 11 of their 16 away games so far.

How many of those have they lost?

Guest magpie99

Our debt is to Ashley, paying off our debt is Ashley taking that money out. Can you understand?

I also understand that we had/have a 30 million plus overdraught with Barclays Bank. Are you saying that is also Ashley,s money? Think and read before you type, pal

Guest magpie99

well, Jonny, I admire your enthusiasm and if you think that the current team less the likes of Best and Nolan (who played in that Arseanl game) can stage a similar fightback against the best team in the league, you would beliving on cloud cuckoo land.

In my opinion, MU will not even break sweat beating us 3-0 at least tomorrow night. I will be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong, but somehow, I doubt it. They are just too good foir us considering our present injury.suspension  crisis.

Who would pay that to see Lovenkrands and Ranger take on Ferdinand and Vidic anyway? Its going to be a long 90 minutes tomorrow, best we can hope for is something from whatever set pieces we get.

Just bought a ticket  :catmag:

We're going to get absolutely hammered and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examining.

This x 10

I agree, the results against Arsenal (home and away) Chelski, Liverpool and Spurs all back up this statement.