Next season: What should our priorities be?

James

Not even going to bother speculating on what we should do for the same reason I can't be arsed with the transfer threads. Let's see what we do with the Carroll money in the summer....that should pretty much spell out our priorities. It will be a key to good players already here staying or as is more likely, leaving.

I am surprised, maintaining team spirit hasn't featured higher up on peoples lists. Surely, that is the most important thing we have at the minute it is a big reason as to why our good players are performing at the level they can and a lack of it played a big part in our relegation.

I am surprised, maintaining team spirit hasn't featured higher up on peoples lists. Surely, that is the most important thing we have at the minute it is a big reason as to why our good players are performing at the level they can and a lack of it played a big part in our relegation.

:thup: envisage us getting 5-6 new players in the summer, if only because we need the bodies. Hopefully there will be a couple of half-decent players amongst them, even if it takes a few months for them to settle it, so maintaining the squad morale/team spirit is pretty important.

Quite similar to Yorkie in the sense that finishing mid-table next year isn't anything to be sniffed at, particularly if there are some encouraging signs on the pitch and with the younger players getting more of a chance.

Would bite your hand off for finishing 12th and a decent cup run (i.e. a trip to Wembley).

:thup: envisage us getting 5-6 new players in the summer, if only because we need the bodies. Hopefully there will be a couple of half-decent players amongst them, even if it takes a few months for them to settle it, so maintaining the squad morale/team spirit is pretty important.

Quite similar to Yorkie in the sense that finishing mid-table next year isn't anything to be sniffed at, particularly if there are some encouraging signs on the pitch and with the younger players getting more of a chance.

Would bite your hand off for finishing 12th and a decent cup run (i.e. a trip to Wembley).

Why 12th? While I can accept that this season was about survival, there's still a realistic chance we could finish 12th this season. With £35m in the spending kitty shouldn't we be aiming a little higher?

Yes, we should.

Not saying 12th is totally unacceptable next season, but we should by no means be aiming for that. Beyond the top 6, there's very little real quality in the PL; we should be looking at 7th.

It's important to consolidate but, with the squad we've got currently and the means we have to add to it, we can go further than that. Finishing in the bottom half would be a failure.

Guest magpie99

I thought it would be obvious to all:

Use the money from transfers to pay off the debt

Promote the kids

Sell the club in January 2012

Watch as they are relegated

Buy Sunderland

M.Ashley

I thought it would be obvious to all:

Use the money from transfers to pay off the debt

Promote the kids

Sell the club in January 2012

Watch as they are relegated

Buy Sunderland

M.Ashley

So it'll be Ashley's fault if the next owner gets us relegated? And bad news if he buys Sunderland?