Football's greatest - where does Lionel Messi rank?

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

'To try and keep it even'

Why are you always so consistently and infuriatingly wrong man. :lol:

To make a point, if you look in the Guinness Book of Records you'll have someone that's stayed in a bath of baked beans for the longest and you'll have Usain Bolt, whether Ronaldo has more records or not, Messi's are more impressive imo. Some of Ronaldo's (and Messi's tbf) are pretty meaningless as a side by side comparison. Anyone with eyes can see that Messi is by far the better player, but even bringing stats and records into it does no favours to Ronaldo.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I watched Ronaldo every week for years. More than any of you. I know exactly what he can do. Obviously not as good as Messi in that particular case but Ronaldo can play anywhere and be ridiculously effective.

Season ticket holder were you?

LOADS OF SHOTS FIRED

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: I watched Ronaldo every week for years. More than any of you. I know exactly what he can do. Obviously not as good as Messi in that particular case but Ronaldo can play anywhere and be ridiculously effective.

You think that Ronaldo could come deep with more attacking players in front of him and play them in the way that someone like Modric does?

Messi beats Ronaldo hands down. Ronaldo is by all accounts a great footballer and attacker, his goal record and creativity prove that, but Messi is something else entirely, he is by all accounts a complete Footballer, he could come back steal the ball and signal handedly create a goal, in a way that I don't think Ronaldo would be able to.

Ronaldo has got loads of Spanish records quicker because he turned up in La Liga when he was 24 not as a small child like Messi :lol: Its incredible that these records are even mentioned. It's like comparing Ronaldo when he was playing with Sporting Lisbon to Messi circa 2011.

The people who think there's a huge difference in the two are people that don't know about football.

No they are the ones who watch the games and don't just check the stats to see who scored more against Eibar or Almeria

:lol: I watch every single Real Madrid and Barcelona game unless we're playing at the same time. Every single one. See the idiots who hook up a couple of TV's so they can watch the Bundesliga, La Liga and Premiership at the same time? Yeah, that's happens in my house.

You said Ribery is shite right?

Guest firetotheworks

It's 'cause they're balls. Ronaldos job is to score goals, let's judge him by how well he's doing his job and not whether or not he takes as many shots as Di Natale.

You've just told us to use Ronaldo having more records as a barometer for there not being a big difference between Messi and Ronaldo. :lol: Now you're saying that we should judge him on how well he's doing his job...he's doing his job magnificently, without fault even, but he's no Messi.

:lol: I watch every single Real Madrid and Barcelona game unless we're playing at the same time. Every single one. See the idiots who hook up a couple of TV's so they can watch the Bundesliga, La Liga and Premiership at the same time? Yeah, that's happens in my house.

You said Ribery is shite right?

No that never happened. I said Robben in better than him

Guest firetotheworks

I love the idea that watching 3 or 4 matches at once gives you better grounds for having seen matches. Surely you're just skimming the surface by doing that?