Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 07/05/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Guest sicko2ndbest

Good - 3 points

Bad - the scoreline

We should have screwed them over after the sending off.

The last 20 minutes was gut-wrenching. I'd hate what itd have been like if that game actually meant something.

[/iMBO] you mean.

Good one.

Extra marks for a well-taken penalty and imposing himself more in the second half, otherwise he would have been a four too.

Guest axel

Krul - 5

Simpson - 5

Colo - 5

Taylor - 6

Jose - 7

Barton - 8

Nolan- 7

Tiote - 6

Jonas - 7

Shola - 3

Loven - 4

Ranger - 7

Today's itk - supposedly Barton and Shola had a fight before the game over the choice of music in the dressing room which ended with Shola calling Joey a racists.

eh? :lol:

dont shot the messenga!!! :lol: Impeccable source - someone who works at the club who text someone who sits near me ;)

Fixed

Guest michaelfoster

Thought Enrique was ok, did nowt special just had an average game myself, was very quiet first half and was hardly getting forward

I'll take the points but it's games like these which show how important it was to get the points early on this season. We had 2 wins in 15 before today.

Guest Flatline

Question that needs to be asked is: was Ben Foster unplayable today, or are we rather tame when it comes to finishing?

Question that needs to be asked is: was Ben Foster unplayable today, or are we rather tame when it comes to finishing?

When the sum total value of our strike force is about £2million it's hardly any surprise.

Guest Loven11

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish: "Steven Taylor should have been sent off for an elbow at Cameron Jerome. Jerome could have ended up with a broken jaw."

Steven Taylor's response: "Cameron came in at the side as I leapt up for the ball. I spoke to him after the game and explained that."

Ridiculous that it was Tiote's first and only foul in the game that he got booked for, yet Larsson was fouling and stropping about all over and didn't get booked til near the end.

I did enjoy Bowyer trying to tackle Tiote, with Bowyer ending up injured

Never been angrier after a win :lol: that second half was a fucking embarrassment. We looked so disinterested, nobody wanted to shoot and the final balls were largely rotten.