Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 07/05/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nice 3 game ban for Taylor on the way maybe? :dontknow:

Don't think so. It'd be incredibly harsh to considering his eyes never left the ball.

Be almost worth it to see Sol Campbell up against Drogba and Torres. It'd probably kill him.

insurance ?.........d'you reckon they would ?

Don't think so. It'd be incredibly harsh to considering his eyes never left the ball.

Agree completely. Doesn't mean it may get looked at again though. 

Be almost worth it to see Sol Campbell up against Drogba and Torres. It'd probably kill him.

think Campbell is injured?

Hansen: "Pardew steadied the ship."

:dowie:

Well to be fair it could have gone all tits up after Hughton was sacked, but we beat Liverpool, had two decent performances against Spurs away and Man City at home over Christmas, then had a very good month in January (Stevenage aside), then had to do it all again after the Carroll affair and did so with the greatest comeback in history of the Premier League. So I think its a fair statement.

Would be ridiculous as it's not intentional at all.

Speaking of 'arguments', Enrique and Nolan had quite a heated exchange at one point during the first half about his defending.

The referee actually stopped Krul taking a goal kick to have a word with Nolan. Was a bit strange.

I noticed the argument, I'm not sure it was about defending.  It came out of nothing and isn't the first time those two have had a go at each other.

I can't watch Ameobi anymore - all he does is lope around, fouling and getting called offsides. Who seriously enjoys watching him out there? How many fans go to games wearing replica tops with Ameobi on the back? He's Championship quality at best - can't believe none of the decisionmakers at NUFC can't see that.

Speaking of 'arguments', Enrique and Nolan had quite a heated exchange at one point during the first half about his defending.

The referee actually stopped Krul taking a goal kick to have a word with Nolan. Was a bit strange.

I noticed the argument, I'm not sure it was about defending.  It came out of nothing and isn't the first time those two have had a go at each other.

Saw that. I just think it's Nolan, as captain, trying to keep Enrique on the case when his mind might be elsewhere.

Did anybody notice if Tommy Ameobi having a kick about before the match when the players were warming up? 

Aye, pretty sure I spotted him.

I can't watch Ameobi anymore - all he does is lope around, fouling and getting called offsides. Who seriously enjoys watching him out there? How many fans go to games wearing replica tops with Ameobi on the back? He's Championship quality at best - can't believe none of the decisionmakers at NUFC can't see that.

Yup, totally had enough = he will be here next season and be worse

Yup, totally had enough = he will be here next season and be worse

Ridiculously inconsistent and annoying as f*ck but does take a decent penalty though.

Guest hobshobs

I think 95% of the support agree. The other 5% being the total idiots who ripped Carroll at Anfield last week despite the fact that this kid did more and gave more in 18 months than Ameobi has provided in 10 years. I have to say my whole match day experience is spoiled every time he appears on the team sheet. Really a perfect example of why this great club of ours has failed to deliver for years. I have to be honest and say I cannot fathom out how he has managed to play through so many managers. That said, the one who I have the most believe in, KK, nearly had him out the door.

I haven't missed a home game for years but have to admit I won't go to any testimonial if he is afforded one. The laziest player I have seen in over 40 years of loving football.

Sammy. Tomi plays for Whitley Bay.

Yes, you're right it is Sammy.  He looked good with the ball when they were knocking it about and looks like he could be a decent player when I've seen him playing for the kids and reserves.

I think 95% of the support agree. The other 5% being the total idiots who ripped Carroll at Anfield last week despite the fact that this kid did more and gave more in 18 months than Ameobi has provided in 10 years. I have to say my whole match day experience is spoiled every time he appears on the team sheet. Really a perfect example of why this great club of ours has failed to deliver for years. I have to be honest and say I cannot fathom out how he has managed to play through so many managers. That said, the one who I have the most believe in, KK, nearly had him out the door.

I haven't missed a home game for years but have to admit I won't go to any testimonial if he is afforded one. The laziest player I have seen in over 40 years of loving football.

They're not idiots for ripping Carroll, you goon. I also think your maths is off as that was probably the entire away support that partook in that abuse.