International midfielder. Who is it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Strange that neither Pardew or Lee Ryder have commented on it. Seems like more rubbish from the sunday sun.

Pardew: "I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line. And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation. There are two or three others we’re monitoring and we know what the figures are to get them over the line."

Lee Ryder is little more than a club spokesman.

Pardew has alos been quoted as saying ti will be a few weeks yet before anyone comes in.

We seem to have a thing for signing shit, piss weak and injury prone players so maybe its Alberto Aquilani

Didn't see much of him but by most accounts he had a fantastic year at Juve. 

We seem to have a thing for signing s***, p*ss weak and injury prone players so maybe its Alberto Aquilani

Aquilani's still a good player imo, going to Liverpool ruined that lad for me anyway.. Proof that the grass isn't always greener on the red side of Liverpool. Just not suited to the English game, and the fact he went there needing ankle surgery is probably the reason he never played in ages, was rushed back when the pressure was on the spanish waitor and the rest is history..

The whole Menez thing im totally unsure of. He's basically kicked off big style since Ranieri walked and something kicked off again with Montella, IIRC about not being cared for by the club and the staff..

If it was Hughton here, then you would assume the Ben Arfa situation and a slight word in the ear might have turned his head, coming to a club with a large fan base and the chance of being idolised, but in all reality I think he has higher ambitions and will probably move to another club in Italy (a la Mexes, albeit for different reason) or France

Just how I see it 

I wouldn't have called Stephen Ireland an 'International Footballer', having played like half a dozen times for the ROI senior team.

I also wouldn't have said that Birmingham was in 'Continental Europe' :lol:

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Menez is a winger. Maybe we shouldn't take Pardew's hints seriously - he could be trying to throw other clubs off the scent, or the Sun could be stretching what he said (imagine that) - but if you look at central midfielder, continental Europe, not in a relegation-battling club, and then you look at who Newcastle have ever been linked with, the list of potential names isn't that large: Fer, Witsel, Matuidi, Wanyama, Romaric, Sissoko. I have a feeling, though, if this happens the name will be a surprise. As someone above put it, the French-African guy no one has heard of but turns out to be good. Otherwise why would AP be talking at all?

Newcastle close to mystery international midfielder ... Betis receive bid for Emana ... ? #NUFC #RealBetis

Twitter? He's a beast.

Yes, probably 2+2=6, but "Real Betis have received a €4,5m bid for Achille Emana from a not mentioned Premier League team (via eldesmarque.es)."