Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Man City will rather sell at a loss/send their players on loan to the lower/other divisions than sell them to a title rival so it's pretty much a non-starter for any player of substance.

Malachians Philip Brown

Just been told by a source at Tottenham that they have signed Brad Friedel, it will be announced next week

I think he is a journo in America, I don't care about my proposed twitter law when it comes to other clubs transfers btw...

Brummie doesn't seem to rate him much but i'd be very happy.

I really wouldn't be, just wouldn't see the point. Friedel has pretty much gone now, as Brummie says. He's not better than Gomes so shouldn't be first choice, we already have Cudicini in the "experienced back-up" role and I'd rather have a young keeper as the number 3. Plus, he's not homegrown (unless I'm very much mistaken). The only decent reason I see for him coming in would be if we are looking to sell Gomes and bring in, say, Foster. He might then be useful if we're rotating keepers e.g. for the Europa.

Unless 'arry wants him for our collection of unconvincing ex-pros being groomed as coaches.

Guest kingdawson

Man City will rather sell at a loss/send their players on loan to the lower/other divisions than sell them to a title rival so it's pretty much a non-starter for any player of substance.

Exactly.

No way in hell would they sell Johnson to Arsenal (altough i do actually think they'll sell us Adebayor now).

Guest kingdawson

Malachians Philip Brown

Just been told by a source at Tottenham that they have signed Brad Friedel, it will be announced next week

I think he is a journo in America, I don't care about my proposed twitter law when it comes to other clubs transfers btw...

Brummie doesn't seem to rate him much but i'd be very happy.

I really wouldn't be, just wouldn't see the point. Friedel has pretty much gone now, as Brummie says. He's not better than Gomes so shouldn't be first choice, we already have Cudicini in the "experienced back-up" role and I'd rather have a young keeper as the number 3. Plus, he's not homegrown (unless I'm very much mistaken). The only decent reason I see for him coming in would be if we are looking to sell Gomes and bring in, say, Foster. He might then be useful if we're rotating keepers e.g. for the Europa.

Unless 'arry wants him for our collection of unconvincing ex-pros being groomed as coaches.

Well he is better than Gomes imo simply because he's consistent. Gomes is a mentally unstable human being so naturally he's unreliable. I prefer consistency over hollywood rexlexes followed by mad decision #767764575.

Exactly.

No way in hell would they sell Johnson to Arsenal (altough i do actually think they'll sell us Adebayor now).

True, they want rid though of Adebayor and you aren't really a rival in the way that we are to them.

Exactly.

True, they want rid though of Adebayor and you aren't really a rival in the way that we are to them.

:lol:

Exactly.

Guest kingdawson

Exactly.

Sadly he's spot on imo.

The only way is up for them and somehow i doubt very much they see us as rivals anymore which works in our favour.

Guest kingdawson

Just the dig really, was a bit "I am considerably richer than yow!".

Well being that United and Chelsea are not really rivals anymore i guess they have to be content with City as their new rivals. Ours is now probably Liverpool but we'll see what next season brings.

It's all a bit... meh, isn't it? I look at our chances of doing anything next season and the most we can realistically hope for is catching Spurs, and I'd hardly call that likely. Bit depressing when there's a pretty clear limit to what you can do.

It's all a bit... meh, isn't it? I look at our chances of doing anything next season and the most we can realistically hope for is catching Spurs, and I'd hardly call that likely. Bit depressing when there's a pretty clear limit to what you can do.

You could find yourself in a relegation battle. That would be new and exciting.

Not saying this for the sake of it but I think Spurs will struggle next year.

Struggle how? To get into the top 6?

They certainly wont be in the bottom half. They have a big squad with quality players.

Not saying this for the sake of it but I think Spurs will struggle next year.

Struggle how? To get into the top 6?

They certainly wont be in the bottom half. They have a big squad with quality players.

No Europe at all imo, i think there will be big changes with them this summer, possibly even Harry going too along with a few players.

karlsentk Tor-Kristian Karlsen

as suggested over the past few weeks: spurs have made a bid (£8.5 million) for the internacional front man leandro damiao

Tim Vickery rates him quite highly, usually a good sign on South Americans.

Guest Heneage

as suggested over the past few weeks: spurs have made a bid (£8.5 million) for the internacional front man leandro damiao

Unless it's Rafael Scheit. That Scout Taxfree linked to doesn't rate him that well.

Guest palnese

Unless it's Rafael Scheit. That Scout Taxfree linked to doesn't rate him that well.

:laugh:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen:

leandro damiao (my opinion): great work ethics, tracks back, creates space, always has to play at 100% of his ability to make a difference as he's more about effort than skill or technique (average). Good size, pace is "ok" for a cfwd (especially when he gets into his stride). Has recently polished his finishing skills (scoring for fun in the state league), aggressive... still raw, needs to develop overall game.