Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

According to Five Live, Ashley Young off to Liverpool for £15m.

I'd be happy to see that go through like. Weakens a rival and probably won't make an astronomical difference to Liverpool i wouldn't have thought. I didn't realise Young was still attracting those sorts of reputed fees. The 'being English' inflation really is ridiculous at times. £50m on Carroll and Young. Wut.

I'd be happy to see that go through like. Weakens a rival and probably won't make an astronomical difference to Liverpool i wouldn't have thought. I didn't realise Young was still attracting those sorts of reputed fees. The 'being English' inflation really is ridiculous at times. £50m on Carroll and Young. Wut.

Young is well worth £15m on anyone's money and is exactly what liverpool need, especially with Carroll.

ChristianMcr Christian Machowski

Malaga have apparently made a 35 million Euro bid to sign Palermo midfielder Javier Pastore. It won't happen, but shows considerable intent.

Wait until he hears of our £50m bid for Pele.

Doesn't really worry me.

The fact is - and the media keep ignoring this - he has been poor for very nearly two entire years now. Ever since that 93rd minute goal at Everton, you can count his convincing performances on one hand.

I think it's best that he goes, and I'd guess that most Villa fans do, too. We still try to base our game on him far too much, and he doesn't deliver enough. I think it is one of those cases where both sides in the marriage feel it has gone stale.

I feel pretty much the same way I did about Barry leaving on this, tbh. I was way, way more disappointed when Milner left.