Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I must have missed Clichy becoming shit, interesting.

Not best in the world = shit

:lol:

Ah sorry, i forgot you were here.

Nobody said he is shit though, did they? I certainly didn't.

He's a good player, I just don't think he's a massive upgrade on Kolorov. I don't think Arsenal would be selling one of the best left backs in the world to a direct rival for £7m either.

No you didn't say he was shit nor did anyone else. I did cheekily imply that others had said that but they didn't.

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

No worries. :razz:

But no, he's clearly not shite, it just seems a bit strange to me. They spent £16m on Kolorov this time last year and from what I've seen he's been fine. I don't see Clichy as an upgrade at all. Same age as well. Perhaps he'll go on the bench, but that's like fixing something that isn't broken.

Clearly Clichy's reputation has taken a hit (news to me mind). When he first came on the seen i thought he was excellent and if they can get the best out of him at city, especially the way they set-up, i still believe he will be one of the most highly rated left backs in the country.

Kolorov is a good left back but City have the resources to chop and change one season to the next if they like. Arsenal should have asked for a swap.

I think you're right fwiw although I wouldn't want Kolorov.

Regarding Llorente, Bilbao are amidst an election and I can't see the new president selling their crown jewel right after being sworn in.

Incidentally the leading candidate has Marcelo Bielsa tied up for the Bilbao bench, what a change that would be.

hahahah ekotto s*** despite being excellent for 2 seasons in a row....yet clichy is one of the best in the world...oh man that's funny.

I don't rate him at all. Is there a problem?

It's my opinion, i don't mind people disagreeing, that's what this place is all about. Don't laugh though, you will just look a bell-end.

Do you watch other teams besides Newcastle? if you did you'd have seen with your own eyes how shit Clichy's been. He's been utter turd for a few season now. Better yet have a look through an Arsenal forum and see exactly what the majority think of him.

You don't rate Ekotto that's fine but the fact that you called Clichy one of the best fb's in the world leads me to beleieve you haven't seen a premiership game for 2 years (non newcastle) so it's understandable you think ekotto is shit as he was very inconsistant 2 years ago.

So what, i rate Clichy but don't rate Ekotto so that means i have not seen a non-newcastle game of football in over two years. Give over man.

People disagree with each other, get over it, no need to start with this billy big bollocks non-sense. I don't claim to be some sort of oracle of football, that doesn't mean i'm not allowed an opinion.

Perhaps i should start making judgements of you, based on your posts? I don't think you would like what i would have to say. Just respect other people abit eh?

Guest kingdawson

hahahah ekotto s*** despite being excellent for 2 seasons in a row....yet clichy is one of the best in the world...oh man that's funny.

I don't rate him at all. Is there a problem?

It's my opinion, i don't mind people disagreeing, that's what this place is all about. Don't laugh though, you will just look a bell-end.

Do you watch other teams besides Newcastle? if you did you'd have seen with your own eyes how s*** Clichy's been. He's been utter turd for a few season now. Better yet have a look through an Arsenal forum and see exactly what the majority think of him.

You don't rate Ekotto that's fine but the fact that you called Clichy one of the best fb's in the world leads me to beleieve you haven't seen a premiership game for 2 years (non newcastle) so it's understandable you think ekotto is s*** as he was very inconsistant 2 years ago.

So what, i rate Clichy but don't rate Ekotto so that means i have not seen a non-newcastle game of football in over two years. Give over man.

People disagree with each other, get over it, no need to start with this billy big bollocks non-sense. I don't claim to be some sort of oracle of football, that doesn't mean i'm not allowed an opinion.

Perhaps i should start making judgements of you, based on your posts? I don't think you would like what i would have to say. Just respect other people abit eh?

I do respect people. Actually no you're right, the manner of my post was a bit below the belt and i apologise. Saying that, i think you're totally wrong in your analysis of Gael Clichy.

Guest kingdawson

Tbf Clichy hasn't been that bad for 250k.

Very true.

Even though he's been terrible these past 2 seasons you would have though Arsenal could get more then 7m from the Richest club in the world who spunk out 25m on james milner ffs.

"Wenger mentioned Gibbs wanted first-team assurances before signing new deal. All signs point to him becoming first choice."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I wish I could avoid football until September and judge the squad once it's been revamped.

£7m is a bizarre figure when you consider the sums that are knocking about. Did he only have a year left on his contract? Would've thought Arsenal would get at least double figures for him, particularly off the lottery winners.

"Wenger mentioned Gibbs wanted first-team assurances before signing new deal. All signs point to him becoming first choice."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I wish I could avoid football until September and judge the squad once it's been revamped.

Strictly speaking there's nothing stopping you doing just that.

Guest kingdawson

Izaguirre was excellent last season.

Not sure if he'd be able to immediately make the step up to one of the best teams in the Premier League mind.

Thank fuck he's off to Arsenal then.

I must have missed Clichy becoming s***, interesting.

He can't really defend for one thing.

Most successful tackles of any defender in the league last year.

Touché.

Guest kingdawson

Tackling is the 3rd most important attribute for a cb behind positional sense and reading of the game (ie decision making).

I do think people are going way overboard with the criticisms of Clichy, but what I will say is the amount of times he finds himself out of position in regards to the defensive line is absolutely disgraceful.