Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Probably worth a read for you VI. The mess that is Atletico's finances - http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/atletico-madrid-its-mad-world.html

Brilliant website in general, explains the finance side of things very well to the regular man.

Thanks for the tip, will go to my bookmarks :thup:

And yes, Atlético are fucked. Probably one of the worst-run clubs in the world. In a way it reminds me of you under Shepherd, but amped x1000. Perennial underachievement which is patched up with kneejerk spending season after season, until the whole thing will come crashing down.

Aye, it's a mess like, if (when) it does go tits up it'll have been a long, long time coming though.

I fail to see why anybody would WANT this situation to arise. Much rather have a situation like in Germany, France and Holland where there are about 4 or 5 teams each season fighting it out for the title and where your dark horse (AZ Alkmaar, Twente, Lille, Montpellier) can actually win the damn thing once in a while.

Most of the football global audience would disagree (imo) thats why they tune into the PL & La Liga rather than kick back on a Sunday morning watching Utrecht v Den Haag hoping to see the next Michael Mols. As the great Damon Killian said "This is television, that's all it is. It has nothing to do with with competitive sport, it's to do with ratings!

What I don't understand is why any football fan would WANT it to be that way.

Because for me La Liga is a league I have zero emotional attachment to so on a Satuday or Sunday night I want to see the best players & zillions of goals. I am not fussed who gets relegated or stays up. Where as with the PL I want to see Kevin Davies, Bolton & Gartside get relegated, I don't mind Norwich staying up, I laugh when any of the big hitters get beat. Christ I may have cheeky tommy tank if certain players damage there cruciate ligaments in the PL. Thats because I have bought into the PL mind, body & soul.

This ties in with what I'm trying to say really. You're not a fan of La Liga, just a couch potato spectator with little emotional attachment other than wanting to see some of the best players in the world score some amazing goals. If you were a proper fan of a Spanish club, even one of Real Madrid or Barcelona, in the same way like you are a fan of NUFC in the Premiership, would it not become tedious to see such complete and utter dominance by two teams over all the others?

I have witnessed dominance by two clubs in the England: Liverpool & MUFC they have let occasional guests have goes but its been pretty much them picking up the league titles in my life time.

Just in the last decade I make it 4 different champions.

"occasional guests" everyone knows since the start of the PL Man Utd are the dominating force regardless of Invincibles, Special One, Walkers Millions, Romans Billions, sheikh mansour trillions.

I fail to see why anybody would WANT this situation to arise. Much rather have a situation like in Germany, France and Holland where there are about 4 or 5 teams each season fighting it out for the title and where your dark horse (AZ Alkmaar, Twente, Lille, Montpellier) can actually win the damn thing once in a while.

Most of the football global audience would disagree (imo) thats why they tune into the PL & La Liga rather than kick back on a Sunday morning watching Utrecht v Den Haag hoping to see the next Michael Mols. As the great Damon Killian said "This is television, that's all it is. It has nothing to do with with competitive sport, it's to do with ratings!

That's not the reason they watch though is it? If it was, the SPL would be the biggest league in the world.

Gotta give it to Valencia: Canales, Gago, Cissokho and Pereira (who looked great against Madrid last week) for a combined total of around €20m has been excellent business for them.

It's funny how in the early 2000s they spent loads on s***, and since the house came crashing down they have consistenly had one of the shrewdest transfer policies in La Liga. Necessity breeds success.

Sahin to Liverpool on a one-year loan is now official. Good business by them.

Read somewhere that he will cost €5-10m in fee + 70% of wages... So thats €35m for Allen, Borini and 1season of Sahin

Sahin to Liverpool on a one-year loan is now official. Good business by them.

Read somewhere that he will cost €5-10m in fee + 70% of wages... So thats €35m for Allen, Borini and 1season of Sahin

ridiculous indictment of his current midfield if he's paying that much for a one year loan. where dd you hear those figures?

They way they are reporting it over here apparently Madrid were in advanced talks with Arsenal for him, and suddenly Liverpool parachuted in with a bag of money to hijack the deal.

It's called desperation.

Yup. That deal propably wouldn't have happened if Liverpool hadn't lost at WBA.

Will Sahin even be a guaranteed starter?

You've got Allen, Henderson (big fees), Gerrard (not really droppable), Lucas (actually quite good) and himself all vying for the 3 central midfield roles.

further to what i was saying last night about exposure. todays independent sport section,

page 1...pic of suarez, list of what's inside.

pages 2/3...double spread about man city v liverpool

page 4/5 double page article on suarez,

page 6 half page about chelsea and spurs

page 7 neil warnock, regular columnist

page 8/9 preview of the premier league games, article about buying strikers from lower leagues but only in a top division context

page 10 england and bottom 3rd of the page devoted to a round up of the rest of the prem

page 11 opinion piece by martin hardy, about young players being let go and clubs lower down struggling

page 12/13 a transfer possibilities segment with week to go

page 14, half page each on  man utd and arsenal.

All the previews this weekend on TV and radio have focused exaggeratedly on the same clubs, now i know the biggger clubs will get more attention and be on more but the extent to which this is done is ridiculous and creates, as i said last night, a self fulfilling prophecy which it appears is what is wanted from certain areas and in my opinion is very, very bad for the game in general.