Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

On the other side of East London it's an absolute farce that Modric isn't allowed to be moved on, he's a class act who deserves to be at a top club.

What a sickening attitude.

How's it sickening? Promise has been broken to him, he want's to be playing in the champions league and he's a classy footballer who deserves to be competing at that sort of level. Modric for me would walk into any side in the Premiership, he's that good!

East London?

When i read that one back, i knew once i had hit the F5 button i was being pounced on, apologies. Haha

i'm sure you just put east london in there to try and deflect from the silliness of the rest of the post.

On the other side of East London it's an absolute farce that Modric isn't allowed to be moved on, he's a class act who deserves to be at a top club.

How's it sickening? Promise has been broken to him, he want's to be playing in the champions league and he's a classy footballer who deserves to be competing at that sort of level. Modric for me would walk into any side in the Premiership, he's that good!

The attitude that any good player 'deserves' to play for a top club. Exactly what is wrong with modern-day football. Spurs were in the CL last season and one year they drop out so the player is desperate for a move to Chelsea. It's fucking dull, what is wrong with a club like Spurs? or the likes of Villa and ourselves?

Chelsea are an average sized club with significant investment, why the fuck is it a God given right that any half decent players should end up there instead of other great, historic clubs in the league?

East London?

When i read that one back, i knew once i had hit the F5 button i was being pounced on, apologies. Haha

i'm sure you just put east london in there to try and deflect from the silliness of the rest of the post.

What was silly....

Cesc wanting to move and my opinion on i still think he wiill?

Nasri shouldn't be wanting to move and i dont think he will?

Modric being one of the best midfielders in the prem and should be playing champions league football?

Too much money being spent on average players?

It's ludicrous the way the media prey on any half decent player and encourage this idea that they 'deserve' to move to a club in the top four. If fans start buying into this fucking bullshit precident then we're done for.

The attitude that any good player 'deserves' to play for a top club. Exactly what is wrong with modern-day football. Spurs were in the CL last season and one year they drop out so the player is desperate for a move to Chelsea. It's f***ing dull, what is wrong with a club like Spurs? or the likes of Villa and ourselves?

Chelsea are an average sized club with significant investment, why the f*** is it a God given right that any half decent players should end up there instead of other great, historic clubs in the league?

I just think if he signed the contract to stay but said if a club came in for him with a big offer and he wanted to move i think he should be allowed the chance. Spurs have improved massively over the past few years and have moved streets ahead of us and Villa but aren't in the standard of Man Utd or Chelsea.

I don't have a problem with Enrique wanting Champions League football either, class act who deserves to be playing at the top level, as much as every Newcastle fan would love him to sign we all know where he is coming from.

The guy has followed exactly the same career path as our own Mike Williamson yet we'd probably struggle to get half of that for Willi. Partnered him at Wycombe, proved himself in the Championship and then had 1 decent season in the Premier League before being relegated. Extremely limited defender who turns slower than milk.

I honestly don't understand how this Birmingham squad is so highly rated/worth so much money.

Still, the point stands that they are contracted to the club. Demanding to leave is nothing short of disgraceful (unless there are particularly strong reasons i.e. sexual abuse).

Is he demanding to leave though?  Or, is he asking the club not to back down on the (supposed) gentlemen's agreement that persuaded Modric to sign the contract extension?

Football is a short career, you cannot wait around or stand still.  If there is an opportunity to better yourself, which you desire, then you have to do everything in your power to take it.

The attitude that any good player 'deserves' to play for a top club. Exactly what is wrong with modern-day football. Spurs were in the CL last season and one year they drop out so the player is desperate for a move to Chelsea. It's f***ing dull, what is wrong with a club like Spurs? or the likes of Villa and ourselves?

Chelsea are an average sized club with significant investment, why the f*** is it a God given right that any half decent players should end up there instead of other great, historic clubs in the league?

I just think if he signed the contract to stay but said if a club came in for him with a big offer and he wanted to move i think he should be allowed the chance. Spurs have improved massively over the past few years and have moved streets ahead of us and Villa but aren't in the standard of Man Utd or Chelsea.

I don't have a problem with Enrique wanting Champions League football either, class act who deserves to be playing at the top level, as much as every Newcastle fan would love him to sign we all know where he is coming from.

That's different though, Enrique is at the end of his contract and it's (arguably) in everyone's interests to sell him rather than see him leave for nothing. From what I understand Modric still has a few years left and Spurs don't want to sell.