Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

How is Modric's want to ply his trade at a level he deserves 'sickening'?  :lol:

because he signed a fixed term contract that cuts both ways, for example if it was found that his level was the championship do you think he'd say that he should really move to a championship club and take the pay cut aswell ? i wouldn't think so.

How is Modric's want to ply his trade at a level he deserves 'sickening'?  :lol:

because he signed a fixed term contract that cuts both ways, for example if it was found that his level was the championship do you think he'd say that he should really move to a championship club and take the pay cut aswell ? i wouldn't think so.

That's just ridiculous logic, which doesn't really argue against what I'm saying.

Modric can 'want' or 'desire' whatever he wants, as Dresden says that's his prerogative as a player. But if he wanted a release for a Champs League club, he should have got it in his contract. Otherwise he hasn't got a leg to stand on and should play for Spurs as long as they want to keep him.

Players can't have it both ways - the security of long contracts and massive wages as well as the ability to fuck off whenever they want a better offer. I'm sure a lot of clubs wish they could push players out the door when they don't want to honour their contracts any more.

:wat:

That's just ridiculous logic, which doesn't really argue against what I'm saying.

it does, he's agitating for a move, if he wants one he should put it in writing and abide by his contract.

On the other side of East London it's an absolute farce that Modric isn't allowed to be moved on, he's a class act who deserves to be at a top club.

What a sickening attitude.

How's it sickening? Promise has been broken to him, he want's to be playing in the champions league and he's a classy footballer who deserves to be competing at that sort of level. Modric for me would walk into any side in the Premiership, he's that good!

I'm of the belief that it's the players duty to get the club where they want to be as a player.

Edit: Adding to this a contract is a contract and a player should have no say on his future in this time, only a club should be allowed to even contemplate a move within a players contract.

I just find it fucking disgraceful that perfectly acceptable football clubs and supporters are being screwed over by players wanting to play for vile, lottery winning cunts like Man City and Chelsea.

On top of that the broader attitude that every single half decent footballer should be hoarded by a select few is exactly what is wrong with football. Complete, unhealthy monopolisation. How is any team supposed to do anything if supporters start endorsing this too? I'm not even thinking about the technicalities and contractual issues of this particular instance, it's the fundamental issue I've described that pisses me off.

Modric can 'want' or 'desire' whatever he wants, as Dresden says that's his prerogative as a player. But if he wanted a release for a Champs League club, he should have got it in his contract. Otherwise he hasn't got a leg to stand on and should play for Spurs as long as they want to keep him.

Players can't have it both ways - the security of long contracts and massive wages as well as the ability to f*** off whenever they want a better offer. I'm sure a lot of clubs wish they could push players out the door when they don't want to honour their contracts any more.

So is Cesc right in taking a bumper increase in wages last year and a payment bonus on top then want away again this summer?

Contracts pretty much mean fuck all in today's game which is wrong but that's the way football is these days, just look at Andy Carroll as prime example, 5 year deal then he's off when Liverpool come calling.

As i stated before i still believe Modric would walk into any team in the premiership and i think if him and Levy agreed the terms about a good offer coming in then he deserves to be playing at the top level and not having his career held back.

I read it all the time.

I was on a Man U board the other day and there was a discussion on Charles N'Zogbia. One poster said "wow, he deserves to do so much better than Villa" and another responded with something along the lines of "yeah, he could definitely make an impact as a squad player for somebody like Chelsea or Arsenal". I mean, what kind of bullshit is that?

Players can't have it both ways - the security of long contracts and massive wages as well as the ability to f*** off whenever they want a better offer. I'm sure a lot of clubs wish they could push players out the door when they don't want to honour their contracts any more.

So is Cesc right in taking a bumper increase in wages last year and a payment bonus on top then want away again this summer?

Contracts pretty much mean fuck all in today's game which is wrong but that's the way football is these days, just look at Andy Carroll as prime example, 5 year deal then he's off when Liverpool come calling.

As i stated before i still believe Modric would walk into any team in the premiership and i think if him and Levy agreed the terms about a good offer coming in then he deserves to be playing at the top level and not having his career held back.

I don't understand your point about Cesc.

On contracts, I know they don't mean much, but that's only if both parties agree to an ending of the relationship that's allowed under the terms of the deal. If a player wants to stay at a club they can, and their employer can't make them leave. Similarly, if a player wants to leave then the club can force them to stay. A move requires consensus.

If Modric didn't want his "career held back" he could have signed a shorter contract with Spurs or got a release clause put in. But he opted for the security of a long deal and a great opportunity from Spurs. And doubtless big wages into the bargain.

He's playing for one of the top teams in one of the top leagues FFS, his career is amazing.

Contracts pretty much mean f*** all in today's game which is wrong but that's the way football is these days, just look at Andy Carroll as prime example, 5 year deal then he's off when Liverpool come calling.

On contracts, I know they don't mean much, but that's only if both parties agree to an ending of the relationship that's allowed under the terms of the deal. If a player wants to stay at a club they can, and their employer can't make them leave. Similarly, if a player wants to leave then the club can force them to stay. A move requires consensus.

If Modric didn't want his "career held back" he could have signed a shorter contract with Spurs or got a release clause put in. But he opted for the security of a long deal and a great opportunity from Spurs. And doubtless big wages into the bargain.

He's playing for one of the top teams in one of the top leagues FFS, his career is amazing.

Every player just seem to sign these 5 year contracts regardless, Ronaldo did it with Man Utd, Cesc signed an 8 year contract or something daft. It's wrong but that just seem the way it is. Spurs are for me probably around 6th in the league imo. I can't see them getting champions league football in the next couple of years. Modric career is obviously amazing, most premiership players are, but Modric at 25/26 is coming into his peak years and you can't blame him for wanting Champions League with his footballing ability. He's been with Spurs a few year now and he's hardly been a one season wonder, probably knocked up 100 appearences and now with the big clubs calling can understand why his head is being turned.

Contracts pretty much mean f*** all in today's game which is wrong but that's the way football is these days, just look at Andy Carroll as prime example, 5 year deal then he's off when Liverpool come calling.

Every player just seem to sign these 5 year contracts regardless, Ronaldo did it with Man Utd, Cesc signed an 8 year contract or something daft. It's wrong but that just seem the way it is. Spurs are for me probably around 6th in the league imo. I can't see them getting champions league football in the next couple of years. Modric career is obviously amazing, most premiership players are, but Modric at 25/26 is coming into his peak years and you can't blame him for wanting Champions League with his footballing ability. He's been with Spurs a few year now and he's hardly been a one season wonder, probably knocked up 100 appearences and now with the big clubs calling can understand why his head is being turned.

Don't disagree with any of that, he's just contracted to Spurs and if they want to make him stay then they should.

...and Brett, you're essentially saying that anyone really good shouldn't be playing for Newcastle either. Like, say, Tiote.

"He's a class act who deserves to be at a top club."

For some time now players have had contracts that mean something, i.e. when the contract is over they can leave for nowt. That's progress. But it has to work both ways.

The fair play rules really are a crossroads for football. If sugar daddies are legitimized then we can all (well, the clubs that really matter) pack up and go home. The only hope for us is to somehow get some breaks in building a new stadium, the only hope for you is to magically pull some revenue out of your arse. Or either of us can sell our souls to oil money.

...and Brett, you're essentially saying that anyone really good shouldn't be playing for Newcastle either. Like, say, Tiote.

For some time now players have had contracts that mean something, i.e. when the contract is over they can leave for nowt. That's progress. But it has to work both ways.

The fair play rules really are a crossroads for football. If sugar daddies are legitimized then we can all (well, the clubs that really matter) pack up and go home. The only hope for us is to somehow get some breaks in building a new stadium, the only hope for you is to magically pull some revenue out of your arse. Or either of us can sell our souls to oil money.

To be fair Tiote has had one good season, looked classy and got a new contract, this doesn't mean to say he will stay for 5 years, he could still have another class season and leave next season for 20 million and that point what can you do if Man Utd or whoever are making big bids. Carroll proved one good season, 5 year contract then gone for a big transfer. If a player doesn't want to play for your club anymore your best off without. Man Utd done the same with Ronaldo, Arsenal have done well to keep Cesc and he has been a true professional through out but it's inevitable he will play for the club he loves one day.

To be fair Tiote has had one good season, looked classy and got a new contract, this doesn't mean to say he will stay for 5 years, he could still have another class season and leave next season for 20 million and that point what can you do if Man Utd or whoever are making big bids. Carroll proved one good season, 5 year contract then gone for a big transfer. If a player doesn't want to play for your club anymore your best off without. Man Utd done the same with Ronaldo, Arsenal have done well to keep Cesc and he has been a true professional through out but it's inevitable he will play for the club he loves one day.

the difference with ronaldo was man ut'd got a very good deal out of it, with the modric situation thats not happening. if players sign contracts they ought to be prepared to abide by it like the club has to if they turn out to be shit. it's that sort of attitude that is fucking football up.

the difference with ronaldo was man ut'd got a very good deal out of it, with the modric situation thats not happening. if players sign contracts they ought to be prepared to abide by it like the club has to if they turn out to be s***. it's that sort of attitude that is f***ing football up.

22 million surely it's a good deal? What's fucking up football is the transfers around that and getting compared to it. I'd rate Modric at around 20million and i think he's in the top 5 premiership central midfieders.

the difference with ronaldo was man ut'd got a very good deal out of it, with the modric situation thats not happening. if players sign contracts they ought to be prepared to abide by it like the club has to if they turn out to be s***. it's that sort of attitude that is f***ing football up.

22 million surely it's a good deal? What's f***ing up football is the transfers around that and getting compared to it. I'd rate Modric at around 20million and i think he's in the top 5 premiership central midfieders.

so you don't think, as he signed a 5yr deal, if his club doesn't want to sell they shouldn't, or should all non champs league clubs just hand over their better players as and when the champs league wants them ?

Brett, I think you're slightly missing the point that players can be held to their contracts if the club wishes. Just like they can't suddenly be sacked when the club fancies it.

I understand that but what use is Modric to Spurs if he doesn't want to play for the club?

Surely the best option would just to be to get the best possible deal rather than feed him the 'we will let you watch the season from the bench or stands'.

Phil Jones signed a 5 year deal last summer and a 1 year extension in January yet why should Blackburn hold him back from Man Utd when that's where the player wants to go. Don't really want players that don't want to play for your club.