Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Rangers sign Juan Manuel Ortiz.

He any good?

Not really seen enough Almeria matches to get a proper opinion, but from what I have seen doesn't look too bad.

Where's VI when you need him.

He's decent for a team of Almería's level. Very versatile, too. If he'll fit at Rangers, no idea, but if Nacho Novo was a superstar there...

Guest north shields lad

13.40: Tweet from Graham Hunter: 'I've had it confirmed to me that more than one EPL club is negotiating to buy Juan Mata'.

13.50: The word on twitter is that the two English clubs bidding for Mata are...Liverpool and Arsenal.

14.50: Update by Graham Hunter on Juan Mata, confirming the two interested parties in England are Liverpool and Arsenal. According to Hunter, 'offers are evenly balanced'.

This would get me a little bit excited to say the least.

Tony Barrett in the times is saying that Liverpool have not and will not bid for him. He is also saying Adam cost 7.5 million, rising to 9 million. So it looks like he will be Arsenals player, TBH he didnt stand out for the U21s

I'd be delighted if Kuyt was dropped. As I've said before, technically he looks dopey as owt but the work he puts in for the team can not be underestimated. He is vital for them.

It'll stop the ugly bastard scoring in seemingly every single bloody derby as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regarding hatred of clubs etc. and that 'research', my work takes me all over the UK and most fans couldn't give a fuck about other clubs or fans from my experience, most only care about their own club. That's why I always laugh when NUFC is said to be the laughing stock of the nation, a joke club, a club rival fans laugh at and despise etc. I mainly hear good things about NUFC from rival fans, those that actually give a fuck to pass comment on a team other than their own by the way. They mostly say how NUFC should be doing better due to the size of the club and all to a man say an away day at Newcastle is one of the best trips and that Toon fans in general are friendly and a good laugh.

Anyway, Liverpool and their spending... fuck me that's a lot of money on average footballers.

Carroll is an average striker. Henderson is fucking shite. Downing is an average wide man and always liable to miss games with this and that niggly injury and now Adam, perhaps a one season wonder, is average too. Mind all but Henderson would walk into our side to date like so I'm not going to laugh at them and their signings. I think they'll consolidate top 6 and maybe push for a top 4 finish if Arsenal do not impove vastly, the one team I can see doing a Liverpool, i.e. drop out of the so-called top 4.

Mata's a good player but I honestly can't see why Arsenal would need him. They have 100000000000000 winger/forwards

Most of them aren't actually very good. That's why.

Only Nasri is a genuine top class player and he looks to be on his way out.

Arshavin has regressed massively in the past year or so, Rosicky is average & Walcott is a speed merchant who never performs consistently. Who else is there? Vela? Never did anything special at WBA. Overall, not a very inspiring list of options in wide areas.

Mata's a good player but I honestly can't see why Arsenal would need him. They have 100000000000000 winger/forwards

Suprised Barcelona don't offer them Afellay + cash for Cesc. 

He's a really good player but never gonna get a chance at Barça and will be even further down the pecking order after the summer.

Suprised Barcelona don't offer them Afellay + cash for Cesc. 

He's a really good player but never gonna get a chance at Barça and will be even further down the pecking order after the summer.

Well, if Bojan leaves and Alexis comes, he's going to be in the same position, 5th winger in the squad. I can see him getting frustrated mind, and I will understand if he demands a move. That assist for Messi already paid down his transfer fee anyway.

Are Sunderland just hell bent on creating the most average team ever?

I imagine they're totaling up the fees thinking "well yeah Henderson pays for most of this". However you'd think the wages for Gardner, Larsson, Westwood, Wickham, Ji and even moreso these 3 Man U lads are going to be a considerable amount higher than Henderson's 20k a week. :lol: