Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

They have signed Camuñas from Osasuna, who's likely to be Cazorla's replacement. He was pretty good last year and could be a smart pick. César from Valencia too, but that's going to be just cover, and some kid from Málaga who's probably going to play in the B team.

They have shipped a lot of players too: Altidore, Montero, Capdevila, Marcano, Cicinho... wage bill should look much nicer.

Been in America too long lad ;)

Come on, man, Blackburn, where's the crazy transfer bids I was hoping for? Goodwillie, is a decent start, but you're slacking! YOU NEED MORE CRAZY OFFERS FOR RANDOM PLAYERS!

Goodwillie is going to Blackpool, not Blackburn.

Guest kingdawson

Thought Llorente was supposed to be going to Madrid. Sure Sid Lowe said that a while back?

He'd be mad to move to Spurs IMO, no better than Bilbao.

I like you but spurs are no better than Bilbao? honestly?

Thought Llorente was supposed to be going to Madrid. Sure Sid Lowe said that a while back?

In stature and in terms of current prospects, no. Both either can hope for this season is a run in the cups and a push at the Champions League  in which they probably won't qualify but they'll come close.

Plus for Llorente he obviously has the local hero aspect going on at the San Mamés. If I was him I'd want to be moving to a Champions League club or not at all.

You might, however, beat them over two legs though.

Yes, but not by that much. Both teams will realistically aim for EL football this season, although you can legitimately challenge for CL, but imho you have to expect one of ManCity/Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU to fail spectacularly and Liverpool not improve too much.

As for "history" Bilbao have won more silverware.

Guest kingdawson

yes HISTORICALLY they are bigger but as Manchester city have proven, having history sadly means fuck all nowadays.

Guest kingdawson

Just noticed KD's personal title :lol:

The ever so trustworthy Dave said he'd take it off if i prove i'm not a WUM. That was over 2 years ago.

Just noticed KD's personal title :lol:

The ever so trustworthy Dave said he'd take it off if i prove i'm not a WUM. That was over 2 years ago.

That seems a bit harsh.

And that's the nicest thing I'm EVER going to say about Spurs.

Up until last season, when Valencia finally passed them, Athletic (never call them Bilbao in front of their fans, by the way) were the 3rd best team in the all-time La Liga table, behind the fearsome twosome. They also have won 24 Spanish cups, which was a Spanish record until our treble season. They haven't been too successful in Europe, but they are really big in Spain.

Expect the Championship to throw up a shitload of surprises. There's something dodgy about Leicester, imo, their owner really isn't that wealthy, where's the money actually coming from?

Expect the Championship to throw up a shitload of surprises. There's something dodgy about Leicester, imo, their owner really isn't that wealthy, where's the money actually coming from?

Been wondering that myself.

They spent £5 million alone on Matt Mills.

Coventry look a good bet to go down this year. Derby too.

One of my mates has bet on Watford, couldn't bring myself to do it though. GG's sadness would override the money won anyway. Plus, I don't actually see them going down.