Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Nah Leicester will walk that league. I don't think West Ham will come straight back up. I reckon McBoro could go down though.

Don't think they'll go down but I can't see them finishing anywhere near the upper area of the table. Amazing looking at their squad now and thinking that's where we could easily have ended up. Shudder.

Coventry look a good bet to go down this year. Derby too.

One of my mates has bet on Watford, couldn't bring myself to do it though. GG's sadness would override the money won anyway. Plus, I don't actually see them going down.

I thought we were going down last year, did alright, lost some big players, but I reckon we can do enough to stay up, new signings look not unreasonable. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we struggled, but mildly surprised if we did go down.

Top scorer leaves + assistant takes over + financial uncertainty.

Recipe for disaster at Coventry tbh. Derby also seem to have finished about 19th for a few years, Savage has gone, and they seem to never win home games.

Edit: just realised that applied to Watford too :lol: still reckon they'll be alright this year. About 16th or so.

What about Cardiff? Haven't they lost a lot of players and have no money?

They've signed pretty much all of Watford's backroom staff, tried for all of the first team, all of our transfer targets, etc. They probably don't actually have money, but they're pulling some out from nowhere.

Peterborough will go down. Brighton and Southampton both look solid, Southampton moreso than Brighton, despite Brighton's signings perhaps being more standout, purely by virtue of the fact that Southampton have retained all their key players (I wouldn't class Chamberlain as 'key' [Lallana, Fonte, Lambert are, however]) and if they sign a centre-back and a forward (or manage to keep David Connolly fit all season) I don't see why momentum shouldn't propel them towards the top of the table; looking at Millwall and Norwich last season, Southampton are just as strong as either of those. Ipswich have invested well, they did really well at the backend of last season under Jewell and I can see them pushing. Portsmouth are investing too, a very strong first XI but absolutely no depth. Boro will struggle massively, relative to expectations, I think.

Edit: just realised that applied to Watford too :lol: still reckon they'll be alright this year. About 16th or so.

Happens to us all the time. I reckon Sordell will step up, Iwelumo will be a good foil. A couple of players from Scotland to complement what we have look like they'll do a job, defence strengthened by having an actual left-back as well as David Mirfin who appears to be solid, adding actual defensive cover, as well as whoever else wants to pop up and do a job from Harefield (and loanees, we're bound to get a couple in), we'll do fine.

Happens to us all the time. I reckon Sordell will step up, Iwelumo will be a good foil. A couple of players from Scotland to complement what we have look like they'll do a job, defence strengthened by having an actual left-back as well as David Mirfin who appears to be solid, adding actual defensive cover, as well as whoever else wants to pop up and do a job from Harefield (and loanees, we're bound to get a couple in), we'll do fine.

Dave Mirfin is quality, just needs to get a solid run behind him without any injuries. Hope he does well for you down there. :thup:

Thought Llorente was supposed to be going to Madrid. Sure Sid Lowe said that a while back?

He'd be mad to move to Spurs IMO, no better than Bilbao.

I like you but spurs are no better than Bilbao? honestly?

Yes, but not by that much. Both teams will realistically aim for EL football this season, although you can legitimately challenge for CL, but imho you have to expect one of ManCity/Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU to fail spectacularly and Liverpool not improve too much.

As for "history" Bilbao have won more silverware.

pwned :lol:

N'Zog is a good signing for Villa and an extremely good player on his day but I can't help but feel his value has been exaggerated by his run of form over the final few games of last season - he scored 15 in 80 for Wigan but 5 of them in his final 6 (ish).

N'Zog is a good signing for Villa and an extremely good player on his day but I can't help but feel his value has been exaggerated by his run of form over the final few games of last season - he scored 15 in 80 for Villa but 5 of them in his final 6 (ish).

Villa must have really piled up the pre-season games for him to get that many already.

N'Zog is a good signing for Villa and an extremely good player on his day but I can't help but feel his value has been exaggerated by his run of form over the final few games of last season - he scored 15 in 80 for Villa but 5 of them in his final 6 (ish).

Villa must have really piled up the pre-season games for him to get that many already.

Neither he nor they fuck around.

Thought Llorente was supposed to be going to Madrid. Sure Sid Lowe said that a while back?

He'd be mad to move to Spurs IMO, no better than Bilbao.

I like you but spurs are no better than Bilbao? honestly?

Yes, but not by that much. Both teams will realistically aim for EL football this season, although you can legitimately challenge for CL, but imho you have to expect one of ManCity/Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU to fail spectacularly and Liverpool not improve too much.

As for "history" Bilbao have won more silverware.

pwned :lol:

Also moving into a new 53,000 capacity stadium in a few years.

Guest kingdawson

so someone points out that they've won more silverware and that means i've been "pwned"? despite me never denying they have AND also stating earlier that past history sadly doesn't mean much in football nowadays? hmmm yeh ok.

btw Nut we're looking to move stadiums in a "few years" too.

Couldn't think of owt worse than being a Coventry fan. Bland as fuck team who usually finish midtable, unnecessarily big stadium, Jimmy fucking Hill & they've already had their one day in the sun

Not to mention the place being grim as fuck, this is from somebody living in Stoke!

Fuck me really? Ive worked in Stoke and it truly is a disgusting place. Seriously needs flattened and started again.

so someone points out that they've won more silverware and that means i've been "pwned"? despite me never denying they have AND also stating earlier that past history sadly doesn't mean much in football nowadays? hmmm yeh ok.

btw Nut we're looking to move stadiums in a "few years" too.

Has this been confirmed like? Or is it like Liverpool's new ground.