Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Tuncay is having a medical with us right now. That's the Elmander replacement sorted, now we need one for Sturridge.

Where do you think you'll finish this season btw?

10th-12th

Have you got much money to spend? As I keep hearing about the debt your in, but I don't know how manageable that is.

Sorry for all the questions btw, I just find it interesting listening to what other fans think of their own prospects, rather than what the so-called "experts" on TV have to say.  :thup:

Tuncay is having a medical with us right now. That's the Elmander replacement sorted, now we need one for Sturridge.

10th-12th

Have you got much money to spend? As I keep hearing about the debt your in, but I don't know how manageable that is.

Sorry for all the questions btw, I just find it interesting listening to what other fans think of their own prospects, rather than what the so-called "experts" on TV have to say.  :thup:

Not really, we've had to sell to buy really. 90% of the debt is to our owner, so it's manageable as long as we're in the Premiership really. Coyle has got rid of the Megson deadwood this close season, and although we have a slightly smaller squad, they're all better, fresher options. Plus we have a few players coming back from injury in the next couple of months.

Arsenal linked with Scott Dann.

Be interesting to see what Wenger does with the Fabregas/Nasri money.

He should make a massive offer for Hazard. Although I doubt Lille would sell.

10th-12th

Sorry for all the questions btw, I just find it interesting listening to what other fans think of their own prospects, rather than what the so-called "experts" on TV have to say.  :thup:

Not really, we've had to sell to buy really. 90% of the debt is to our owner, so it's manageable as long as we're in the Premiership really. Coyle has got rid of the Megson deadwood this close season, and although we have a slightly smaller squad, they're all better, fresher options. Plus we have a few players coming back from injury in the next couple of months.

Couple more questions if you don't mind, no 1 doesn't your owner charge interest on said debt? and no 2 while tuncay is potentially a great signing you do seem to be lacking a bit of mobility up front any other strikers linked?

I have so much more time for Bolton nowadays with Coyle in charge. Megson just continued Sam's legacy of shit football, but with fewer positive results. Coyle's team are really not bad to watch.

It doesn't do any harm that the league has been filling up with total dross teams over recent years mind you.... though this years promoted teams are interesting at least.

10th-12th

Sorry for all the questions btw, I just find it interesting listening to what other fans think of their own prospects, rather than what the so-called "experts" on TV have to say.  :thup:

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Grétar Steinsson? Will he be 1st choice RB for you this season?

The money rumoured for Juan mata (approximately £22m) I think we could tempt Lille, I think Hazard is a much better option than Mata. We need a CM and a winger ideally.

Guest kingdawson

The following article highlights how badly the media are trying to engineer a transfer (Luka to Cheatski if you haven't guessed). 

LUKA Modric is unlikely to still be a Tottenham player when the transfer window closes at the end of this month, but the Croatian star believes that Robbie Keane deserves to play for the London club.

Modric has handed in a transfer request to Spurs, while Keane needs to leave to find first team football.

The pair have a close friendship – they swapped shirts with each other after last night’s friendly in Dublin – and Modric admits he's a fan of the Ireland captain.

“Robbie is a great player, he showed last night how important he is for the Irish team,” said Modric. “He's a great lad. I would like him to stay but he wants to play.

“That's not possible at Tottenham, so he will probably try to find other options. “But I'd like him to stay and play for us.”

That is the clearest indication that Luka is staying yet they've somehow twisted to still indicate he's leaving.

Guest kingdawson

AMC #786777098 , just what they needed.

Tbh the perfect signing for them is Samba but it looks like they prefer Scott Dann. Apart from age i can't se why.

The money rumoured for Juan mata (approximately £22m) I think we could tempt Lille, I think Hazard is a much better option than Mata. We need a CM and a winger ideally.

What about another striker? As you know Van Persie will end up getting injured.

McLeish says he'll only be signing frees and loans as the money spent on Shay and N'Zog was their budget. Where's the Milner/Young/Downing/TV money, etc. :frantic:

But Villa are such a well run club with an owner made by Carlsberg??

McLeish says he'll only be signing frees and loans as the money spent on Shay and N'Zog was their budget. Where's the Milner/Young/Downing/TV money, etc. :frantic:

Darren Bent?

January. Doesn't count.

Arsenal getting close to Jadson of Shaktahr.

I don't know a thing about him apart from him being a typical Arsenal attacking mid who will probably play on the wing.

Good player, typical Arsenal signing but I think he'll do well for you. The season Shakhtar won the Europa League I won a fair bit of money from bets involving him as well.

Guest kingdawson

Atletico look like they're gonna sign Falcao, Arda, and Diego. Man what a team they're gonna have.

They'll probably just do what they normally do though and be s***.

Don't think they've improved the defence so probably.

For fucks sake. He better not be shit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/Freddy-Adu-return-to-MLS-soccer-Philadelphia-Union-081111

Freddy Adu is coming back to Major League Soccer, and he will be joining a team he could help turn into a legitimate title contender.

After initially being linked to a move to Chivas USA, sources within MLS have told Fox Soccer that Adu will be signing with the Philadelphia Union. An announcement on the move is expected to be made on Friday.

The signing re-unites Adu with Union head coach Peter Nowak, who was head coach of D.C. United during Adu’s early years in MLS.

Chivas USA had been lining up a move to acquire the 22-year-old midfielder, and had a move to sign him as a designated player lined up only to have ownership balk at the move at the last minute. That decision paved the way for Adu to move to Philadelphia, where he’ll be joining a Union side currently battling the Columbus Crew for first place in the Eastern Conference.

Adu will not be joining the Union as a designated player.

Adu’s arrival comes just as the Union looks to revamp an offense that recently lost striker Carlos Ruiz to a transfer to Mexican side Veracruz. Philadelphia will be hoping Adu can provide the playmaker the squad has sorely needed since joining MLS last year. Combining Adu with the forward tandem of Danny Mwanga and Sebastien LeToux could give the Union the sort of high-powered attack they will need to make a deep playoff run.

An Adu-Nowak reunion might seem odd considering the way they clashed during Adu’s time in DC, but the two repaired their relationship in the years after, and worked together on the 2008 US Olympic Team. When asked about Adu a year ago, Nowak said he still rated Adu as a player and would love the chance to work with him again.