Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO

Sky Sports sources understands West Ham have made a £4million bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt. More on site soon...

so typically short sighted of Hippo Head

Good signing if they get him at that price IMO.

He'll be wank next season, guarentee it.

Think Norwich and Swansea will both struggle a lot next season. Norwich's squad will get exposed as the mediocrity it is, and Swansea were found out in the last 2-3 months of the season. Are they able to mix it up? If not then they'll have to learn pretty damn quickly.

Guest je85

@AshleyWGray  Brace yourselves, I hear Obafemi Martins is looking for an English club. Rubin Kazan are prepared to let him go this summer.

Surely someone will take a punt on the young lad.

Low risk at £4m for someone in form though. Mackems paid double that for Wickham.

Think Norwich and Swansea will both struggle a lot next season. Norwich's squad will get exposed as the mediocrity it is, and Swansea were found out in the last 2-3 months of the season. Are they able to mix it up? If not then they'll have to learn pretty damn quickly.

If Swansea make the right managerial move, could Rodgers' exit be a blessing in disguise? Couldn't see him altering their playing style to combat teams getting used to them. So this could be a chance for them to add another dimension to their play if they get the right manager in that could give them a bit of variation.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Contrary to reports, Norwich chief exec David McNally says the club have not received a £4m bid for Grant Holt from West Ham ‪#ncfc‬ ‪#whufc‬

1:06 PM - 3 Jun 12

Still finished the season with 1 defeat in 5 though.

Low risk at £4m for someone in form though. Mackems paid double that for Wickham.

Year left on his deal? 31 with 1 season in the Prem behind him?

I think it's a bit excessive personally and wouldn't be surprised if he only got 4 or 5 goals next season.

Edit: just seen that it's not true

Didn't realise there was only a year left on his contract but yeah I'd still say that was a fair enough gamble to take. Fees are ridiculous for players that show any kind of promise these days. £4m is nowt.

Still, it's not true anyway according to Norwich.

According to German media..... Junior Hoilett will join Gladbach and has already had a medical.

That's annoying but happy that Gladbach are signing well. Xhaka and Hoillet are great signings.

They supposedly want Luuk De Jong and Mbiwa aswell, hopefully they do well in the CL next season along with BVB.

Didn't realise there was only a year left on his contract but yeah I'd still say that was a fair enough gamble to take. Fees are ridiculous for players that show any kind of promise these days. £4m is nowt.

Still, it's not true anyway according to Norwich.

It's exactly the same as DJ Campbell last season (who was 2 years younger and conracted for 2 more years) and he went for £1 million.

DJ Campbell hadn't scored 20 goals in League Two, then 24 goals in League One, then 21 goals in the Championship, then 15 goals in the Premier League. Holt's a player in form and has been for the last four seasons. If West Ham got 10+ goals out of him next year I'd say £4m was a decent signing.

According to German media..... Junior Hoilett will join Gladbach and has already had a medical.

That's annoying but happy that Gladbach are signing well. Xhaka and Hoillet are great signings.

They supposedly want Luuk De Jong and Mbiwa aswell, hopefully they do well in the CL next season along with BVB.

If they get Hoilett, Mbiwa and De Jong I think I'll be developing a hatred for that club ;D