Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Wouldn't have minded getting Lukaku, tbh. In an ideal world we'd be taking Sunderland to the cleaners for Defoe, but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll not have anyone in for you guys. If that's the case, I'd take a draw right now.

Can't believe he got rid of Aquilani as well.

Kenny is managing a foreigner disgracefully. Shock horror. Could have saved £17m if he'd played him and not bothered with Mackem nee-Shoulders.

Wouldn't have minded getting Lukaku, tbh. In an ideal world we'd be taking Sunderland to the cleaners for Defoe, but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll not have anyone in for you guys. If that's the case, I'd take a draw right now.

Defoe won't move north surely?

rumours modric is training on his own. heard anything ?

rumours modric is training on his own. heard anything ?

Well, allegedly he refused to go on tour, and then refused to train with the team. However, since they have been away in Spain, then  :dontknow:. One rumour is that he isn't the brightest, and relies on his advisors a lot a la Tevez. There remains a distinct possibility that Fergie is biding his time and will come riding in with a sack of cash just before the deadline.

Also:

"What I have learned very quickly here is the minute Liverpool are interested, it adds a couple of noughts onto the price tag of a player. It's absolutely incredible.

Aye, because Allen was available to other clubs at £150k. It was just that they're Liverpool that the price was £15m... ahem.

Luckily they don't show other clubs that they're willing to pay such stupid sums. Oh.

"This boy, when you see him play you'd think he was a Spanish player, a real European player - I would have paid many more millions for this kid," the Kop boss enthused.

He talks a good story, the kop will love him....for a bit.

Good signing for Liverpool. They will have a great starting line up (in central midfield) and solid cover for European games and cup games.

1. Allen - Lucas - Gerrard

2. Spearing - Adam - Henderson

Not sure if this is serious but neither of those look particularly exciting.

Surely Gerrard's batteries are going to run out soon.

Gerrard was arguably Englands best player as recent as in the Euros. Lucas was one of the best holding midfielders in the PL before he was injured. Allen had a great season with Swansea, and could potentially thrive on the players he is linking up with at Liverpool. Allen is still young, and can only get better. Don´t really see what is funny with this, even though they have paid more than Allens perceived market value.

I also forgot about Shelvey who could have a break through season. Compared to our central midfield they are ahead of us in quality and depth in my opinion.