Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sturr-crazy-daniel-nearly-killed-1503087

Daniel Sturridge's £15million move to Liverpool is back on – after a shock clause that he wanted written into his contract had threatened to kill the deal.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal negotiations between Sturridge and Liverpool stalled while the 23-year-old asked about a written agreement to play through the middle.

Chelsea forward Sturridge explored the possibility of making it official in any deal that he could only play as a centre-forward.

But he has now now accepted a contract stipulating he will play as a centre-forward is not possible and is set to undergo a medical today ahead of completing his January switch.

There has also been a wrangle over agents’ fees and the claims of Sturridge’s entourage to a percentage of any future sell-on windfall.

It means Sturridge will have to take the word of Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers that he will be given the chance to impress as a central striker.

I wouldn't touch this prissy prima donna with a bargepole. Classic case of being told by everyone you're brilliant at an early age and player believing it. Nothing wrong with being a winger either.

What bothers me is that the media will probably scupulously arse lick Sturridge if he does OK at liverpool, and everytime ben arfa is mentioned he'll be described as a mercurial troublemaker with a habit of kicking off  :lol:

Are you nessy's brother or something?

Sturridge is a good player, play him every game and he'll be a huge asset to them and the way they play.

£12m is a snip (for liverpool) to get the player just coming back from Bolton

He'd be a great replacement for Ba IMHO.

Replacing Ba with Sturridge would leave us in the same position, albeit with a player who's not as good. Sturridge would throw a tantrum every time he's asked to play out wide.

Jus seen the latest, so yeah, pretty much puts an end to that thought.  :lol:

His best position IMO would be a support striker on the left, but these support strikers seem to want the glory through the middle. Don't think he's strong enough or determined enough to lead any attack himself.

Sturridge for me is an upgraded Defoe - which is something of a back-handed compliment, coming from me. Same limited style to his game, poor team play/decision-making, but just a dash more trickery and pace.

Guest bimpy474

Seeing as Sturridge is having his medical today, why can't we sign players now, most of our targets seem foreign and most of those leagues are on a winter break.

I know we just can't get them over the line, or get another body in the building. Get a new saying please Pardew the other two bullshitters have worn out mate.

Seeing as Sturridge is having his medical today, why can't we sign players now, most of our targets seem foreign and most of those leagues are on a winter break.

I know we just can't get them over the line, or get another body in the building. Get a new saying please Pardew the other two bullshitters have worn out mate.

Ashley spending money before they can actually play for us. :yao:

Ashley spending money before they can actually play for us. :yao:

Papiss Cisse. January 2012.