Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest icemanblue

Christ, Neymar, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi all in the same team.

Overrated, to be honest.

EDIT: Fuck off, Tooj.

Gotta say I missed having a Brazilian attacking player in our side. After Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho... he breaks the "R" meme though. :huff:

Anyway, I'll try to not be too hyped as to not jinx him. Our track record signing attacking players has been terrible during this "era", funnily.

I'm still not confident about that being the final figure.

Agree on Rosell's stewardship being better though.

Most of the brazilian outlets i'm reading are saying its 28m euros and apparently that will be split up between Santos and all the third parties etc etc with Santos getting a 13m split.

When you consider the offers they were rejected 2 years back they look like a bit of a joke here tbh.

If its all true of course but is suspect that it is as it seems quite widely reported.

Yeah what a joke to win Libertadores which they hadn't done since the Pele era, to win another Paulistao add that to another final run and a semifinal run in the Libertadores. You have to see that the achievements Santos made was a lot built on Neymars great years. He hasn't had a good finish to 2012 or start to 2013 unfortunately but what he did prior to that was immense for Santos football club. Also the difference in income without Neymar is amazing, Vila Belmiro is almost empty and they get money for his image rights I think. Meaning Santos would've had to have sold for like €100m to even come close to what they have gained in the last two years with him.

Am in Brazil now and was looking some sportsnews and apparently Neymar alone has gotten more than 30 players sent off in 4-5 years. Think last year he got something like 13 players sent off alone and this year in the Paulista already has 4 or something like that. Immense figures and most tbf came from pure last second touch away from the players as they came crashing into him.

I think he will do well and I'm happy he's going to sit 2nd behind Messi up front, that will teach him a lot not being the star of the show all the time and I think Barcelona will be back to their best next season again in the Chamions League.

Cmon :lol: they could have sold him for 50m 2 years ago.

Mole, honestly why even try to have the discussion if that's your lousy arguments. I have no idea how the numbers add up and how financially they might have not made as much with him. But you look at their achievements over the last two years and thats bigger than Santos fans could wish for. They won a Libertadores, a Paulistao and reached another Libertadores semi and Paulista finals. Also I can't really say I know every financial details, but Santos had an average attendance of around 11 k with Neymar 5k more than without him over the last 2 years. If we look at the amount of games he played for santos it would be something like 40 home games over the last years x 5k x 50reais (20euros a ticket) + money for continental cup, image rights and so on.

Financially saying no to €20m wasn't going to work for them as they'd earn more with him in the team in the next 12months. How anyone can try and make Santos look bad in this deal is beyond me.

Probably because they got 13m euros for basically the next big thing in football and rejected offers of well beyond 40m just last year.

I accept he made them a lot of money through sponsorships and what not but they still look quite bad tbh.

Just look at all the deals in world football and Neymar goes for 28m with Santos getting a 13m cut is well embarassing by comparison.

I know he made them a lot of money but so do many others that doesn't really excuse it.

When you go from 50m offers and rejecting them irrelevant of all the money made prior to it to getting what they got is a bit of a joke.

I mean Barca paid more for Sanchez :lol:

He had 12 years of contract and refused an extension, he'd have walked for owt. €28m is the highest fee I can recall for a player in such situation.

And felipao's main point stands. You're supposed to be in this football lark to win stuff, not collect money bags from transfer deals. Neymar has won them a Libertadores.

He had 12 years of contract and refused an extension, he'd have walked for owt. €28m is the highest fee I can recall for a player in such situation.

And felipao's main point stands. You're supposed to be in this to win stuff, not collect money bags from transfer deals. Neymar has won them a Libertadores.

Mole is out of his mind man, I don't see the reasoning behind his thoughts. It's so illogical it's amazing.

Agree with Flip. Santos were right to have kept him for the past two years and what they got for him now was pretty much bonus. VI of course is also very astute in pointing out that this is the largest fee for a player with a year remaining on his contract. All in all, Santos have done well.

Is he as much of a c*** as he seems?

You be the judge.

http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2013/02/25/Neymar-vestido-de-cowboy-o-alg_54367121788_54115221152_960_640.jpg

Alves and him in the same side, man, think that can break the time and space continuum.

Depends, he's a humble guy in many ways off the field but the look makes him a cunt and he does sometimes on the field get a bit pissy with trying to humiliate opposition. Off the field he seems like a decent person and comes across extremely well in interviews. (probably should having had interview training since he was 14 or so)

And felipao's main point stands. You're supposed to be in this football lark to win stuff, not collect money bags from transfer deals. Neymar has won them a Libertadores.

Van Persie cost Yanited more and Nasri was about the same.

Besides Arsenal in both situations got 100% of the money, Santos are only getting a cut of it. 13m is shocking when you compare similar transfers.

Besides Arsenal in both situations got 100% of the money, Santos are only getting a cut of it. 13m is shocking when you compare similar transfers.

What's shocking is your point of view tbh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You be the judge.

http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2013/02/25/Neymar-vestido-de-cowboy-o-alg_54367121788_54115221152_960_640.jpg

Alves and him in the same side, man, think that can break the time and space continuum.

Looks like a gay Doctor Who.

You be the judge.

Looks like a gay Doctor Who.

so ... he looks like Doctor Who.

Van Persie was £24m and Nasri was £20m. Also the fact that Santos didn't receive the full fee is irrelevant because they haven't been paying his full wages for a while either. If they haven't been the only investor in Neymar, hence not being the only party to have risked money in him, then why should they reap more benefit than their share?

You're dancing around in circles. Firstly it was the fee and now it's Santos not receiving the full whack. Both your criticisms don't have merit.

Van Persie was £24m and Nasri was £20m. Also the fact that Santos didn't receive the full fee is irrelevant because they haven't been paying his full wages for a while either. If they haven't been the only investor in Neymar, hence not being the only party to have risked money in him, then why should they reap more benefit than their share?

You're dancing around in circles. Firstly it was the fee and now it's Santos not receiving the full whack. Both your criticisms don't have merit.

Jesus this argument is shite like  :lol:

What I don't get is that they won the Libertadores for the first time in almost 50 years thanks to Neymar. That alone should be worth more than anything. He gave them (the fans) a chance to travel to Japan and watch their team play the worlds best team. He has given them so much, I don't think Santos would've really cared if he went for free come 12 months. The biggest reason for selling him is the fact that they won't see much of him with Confederations Cup and bunch of friendlies and then the World Cup next year. The next 12 months Neymar would've spent more time with the national side than Santos almost. It's been an astute piece of business by Santos along the way when it comes to Neymar. Santos also gets two friendlies against Barcelona one at Vila Belmiro (sell out crowd and probably a bit more expensiver tickets) and one at Camp Nou which I'd believe given the circumstances they will receive the tickets income for or at least half of it also.

€15m + two friendlies + one Libertadores title and one semifinal + one Japan trip + one Paulista and another final appearance + tons of income and reputation as a club

>

€30m or w/e they would've gotten from the Real Madrid €55m offer.

How anyone can say they seem stupid in hindsight is shocking.