Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

They're still banned from Ligue 1 at the moment but are confident that the courts will overrule this/French FA back down. Be hilarious if the court rules against them.

Wonder if they've covered the worst eventuality and these transfers get cancelled if they remain in the second tier a la Norwich/van Wolfswinkle. If not, this could be hilarious.

I'd say Anzhi are the worst tbh.

How so?

At least Monaco have some sort of history to them, while Man City, Chelsea and PSG were big(ish) teams before hand anyway. While Anzhi are paying big money so their players can live and train in Moscow and just fly in to Makhachkala for their games (a distance equivilant to our players living and training in Florence) while being surrounded by large amounts of security.

I don't think history itself qualifies a team to spend outrageous sums of money, i.e. it's no more fair if Chelsea spend 10 billion than if Fulham or West Brom were to do the same.

And there's a very good reason for Anzhi living and training in Moscow, namely the danger of being in Dagestan. Though I believe they've been cleared by UEFA to return to their home stadium next season.

The day some rich c*** buys Cork City and they sign Ronaldo, I'm done.

I've thought about this sort of thing before.

Imagine the likes of Newry City when they still existed. If I were a billionaire and was willing to spend a large chunk of my fortune on the club, what players do you think would realistically come and play in the Northern Irish league? How far would it actually get them like. I can remember Shelbourne holding Deportivo to a 0-0 years ago. Imagine getting Newry into the group stages of the CL. :lol:

I smell a Footie Man save brewing up...

Every FM player in this town has tried that s***. :lol:

I have had saves with some two-bit leagues where I've won the CL, but the Northern Irish League? That'd be some shit :lol:

Can I piss you off a little today? We've been linked with Bony (alongside a host of other "plan B" strikers).

How UEFA can just sit back and let Monaco spend like this is ridiculous. It's like someone has used the Football Manager Editor and given themselves £500 million to spend on about 8 players.

Yup. It also shows what utter bollocks this Financial Fair Play rule is. When does this come into force btw?

How UEFA can just sit back and let Monaco spend like this is ridiculous. It's like someone has used the Football Manager Editor and given themselves £500 million to spend on about 8 players.

Yup. It also shows what utter bollocks this Financial Fair Play rule is. When does this come into force btw?

Next season. The one in 2014/2015 I mean.

Our press seem intent in linking us with tall/strong strikers, personally I think it's just silly season paper-filler, but you never know. There isn't much in the pot if we have to sign Valdés' replacement and a CB.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B1JtfOpd85I/SnBTu3-1osI/AAAAAAAARlw/_qUlVT-83gM/s400/zlatan+presentation+smile.jpg

Guest taps01

Next season.

I'm sure people have been saying next season for the last two seasons.

Next season.

I'm sure people have been saying next season for the last two seasons.

Some parts of it are already in effect, that's why Málaga got banned for example. The "must balance out accounts" part of it starts in 2014/2015 taking into account balances from 2011/2012 until that year IIRC.

Soccernet reporting Man Utd are making a move for Fabregas. Exactly what they need IMO

I'd like to see him back in the league. Man Utd might be strangely likable now Ferguson isn't in charge.

Erm, no.

Soccernet reporting Man Utd are making a move for Fabregas. Exactly what they need IMO

I'd like to see him back in the league. Man Utd might be strangely likable now Ferguson isn't in charge.

Man Utd will never be likeable

We won't sell both Cesc and Thiago in the same transfer window, and the second looks more likely to leave right now.

Anyway, Benteke to Atlético is the current rumor du jour. I've never heard that link before, and it makes a lot of sense, so I'm willing to give it some credit.