Gervinho

Dave

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a s***?

Get the t*** in.

You sign any player and chances are they'll miss as many games in a season due to injury and/or suspension. At least with this you know precisely when you're going to be missing said player.

+ the suspension/ injury imponderables.  It is a concern like.  If there was a similar player available for the same prce who wasn't away for the ACN I'd look at them first.  Not sure there is so bring on the Gerv

There's one who plays for Wigan...

Mebbes.  Bit of history there though.

Fucking WIgan by the way.  We ought to be able to cherry pick their best players at a canter

Considering the timings of the 3rd and 4th rounds of the FA Cup, the chances are that if he signs a 5 year deal then he'll miss about 3 league games in Jan 2012 and the same again in 2013. Who gives a s***?

Get the t*** in.

You sign any player and chances are they'll miss as many games in a season due to injury and/or suspension. At least with this you know precisely when you're going to be missing said player.

+ the suspension/ injury imponderables.  It is a concern like.  If there was a similar player available for the same prce who wasn't away for the ACN I'd look at them first.  Not sure there is so bring on the Gerv

Fucking WIgan by the way.  We ought to be able to cherry pick their best players at a canter

Let's just hope Liverpool and Spurs aren't saying the same thing about us.

From the Echo:

As well as pursuing Gameiro, Pardew has also been closing in on Lille winger Gervinho, but Newcastle's pursuit of the Ivory Coast international is being hampered by his likely involvement in two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments in the next two years.

Gervinho has hinted he will agree to move to Tyneside if there is no formal approach from his preferred club, Arsenal, in the next few days.

However, Pardew is concerned by Gervinho's international commitments in the next two seasons and is likely to seek assurances about the attacker's availability for club duty.

So if the Africa Cup of Nations is the problem, why do we have an interest in him at all then?  :lol:

Think you've exposed the flaw in their logic, you logical fella you.

From the Echo:

As well as pursuing Gameiro, Pardew has also been closing in on Lille winger Gervinho, but Newcastle's pursuit of the Ivory Coast international is being hampered by his likely involvement in two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments in the next two years.

Gervinho has hinted he will agree to move to Tyneside if there is no formal approach from his preferred club, Arsenal, in the next few days.

However, Pardew is concerned by Gervinho's international commitments in the next two seasons and is likely to seek assurances about the attacker's availability for club duty.

So if the Africa Cup of Nations is the problem, why do we have an interest in him at all then?  :lol:

Think you've exposed the flaw in their logic, you logical fella you.

They reckon he's second choice behind Gemiero who has no such commitment?

Get the t*** in.

f***ing WIgan by the way.  We ought to be able to cherry pick their best players at a canter

Check out their crowds compared to ours and judge what OUGHT to be happening there

Get the t*** in.

f***ing WIgan by the way.  We ought to be able to cherry pick their best players at a canter

Check out their crowds compared to ours and judge what OUGHT to be happening there

If only football success was based on number of fans then.

MarcoSilva11 is saying that Gervinho is signing for Arsenal on Monday now! Although, I do believe French TV more so! :)

French TV didn't say he was coming to NUFC. As for Silva he's a real life journalist but at the same time a bit of a gobshite. He doesn't have fantastic track record.

What has actually happened? I don't have a clue what so ever haha. I've heard dribs and drabs about French TV L'equipe and seen the Lille forum. Hopefully we do sign him though. Would be a real coup!

MarcoSilva11 is saying that Gervinho is signing for Arsenal on Monday now! Although, I do believe French TV more so! :)

French TV didn't say he was coming to NUFC. As for Silva he's a real life journalist but at the same time a bit of a gobshite. He doesn't have fantastic track record.

What has actually happened? I don't have a clue what so ever haha. I've heard dribs and drabs about French TV L'equipe and seen the Lille forum. Hopefully we do sign him though. Would be a real coup!

L'Equipe just said "if he signs for Newcastle", one poster over on the Lille board jumped on it and claimed it was fact he was joining us when it's far from it.

Get the t*** in.

If only football success was based on number of fans then.

Hence the comparison I made between us and Wigan and the word ought.  Of course it isn't as simple as that and we ought to be able to get their plaayers (and resist the likes of the dippers and Spurs).  The fact we can't is a source of some chagrin for me.

Guest taps01

I think that Silva guy actually has a pretty good record with transfers.

Grrr.  Not what I wanted to hear

Not good!

I think that Silva guy actually has a pretty good record with transfers.

Not according to the Arsenal fans on Twitter. They're calling him worse than shite :lol:

@Detective82 Marco Silva: The 'inside man' who brings zero original stories, repeats Goal.com headlines, and claims to be ex footballer. I smell a liar.

Another example of reasons why it might not always be the best option to go to clubs in the CL.  You get to play in the CL but the Arsenal fans don't even want him.  Why not come to Newcastle and be a folk hero for helping us get into Europe?