Gervinho

Dave

Guest Flatline

4-3-3 would be totally dependent upon signing a striker who can play the lone role competently. 

Carlton Cole.

You not think we might go 4-3-3 Colocho?

Cabaye, Tiote, Gervinho, Ben Arfa have all played it before. Barton might even be better in a 3 man midfield.

4-3-3 would be totally dependent upon signing a striker who can play the lone role competently. 

If we sign Gameiro, I'd say we would be nailed on to go 4-3-3.

By the right flank, I meant Cabaye (as an RCM) and Gervinho as an RW.

Gameiro

Ben Arfa                        Gervinho

Barton  Cabaye

Tiote

Barca do it without a big target man ;)

Indeed.

I think I saw someone mention yesterday that Gameiro isn't in the mould for a lone striker but if we play a 4-3-3 and have good movement, he doesn't need to be a big, strong powerhouse. Movement is so important for Barca and, to an extent, Arsenal who also don't have a big powerful striker spearheading a 4-3-3.

Yeah, a lone striker doesn't have to be a big man.  He just has to do whatever is needed from him (obvious).  Not sure exactly what we would want from a lone striker in a 4-3-3 consisting of our current squad plus the rumored players (aside from goals ofc). 

Assume we'd just go for someone who is very mobile and capable of both dropping off to link up with the wide players, but equally good at moving into the channels and getting behind the opposition defence.  Again, not sure on the balance between those two because it all depends on the type of football we play.

I would much rather have a quick, mobile striker in a 4-3-3 than a big target man. As Dresden said, someone who can drop deep, look for the ball and bring the wide men into play.

The signing of Cabaye is a fantastic one as, with Tiote linking defensive and midfield, Cabaye is very much an energetic ball player who will look to make late runs into the box, always a good trait in a midfielder.

Gameiro

Barton  Cabaye

Tiote

:fwap: :fwap:

Gameiro

Barton  Cabaye

Tiote

Barton on the right side of that central midfield and i'd have sex with team tbh

If we're looking for a big commanding target man with a good goals to game ratio last season we needn't look any further than...

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2011/0/1/steven-taylor-615363953.jpg

O0

3 in 14 according to wiki, I can only remember him play the last 3 games and the Everton match like :lol:

Aye that's what I was thinking, where the fuck have the other 10 games come from? :lol:

3 when Coloccini and Williamson were banned after Bolton game?