Gervinho

Dave

Just what Arsenal need.

They already have Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin who are capable on the right... Apparently they've all but signed Ricky Alvarez who is a natural left footed wide player/attacking midfielder.

I really don't think Gervinho is a player they need to be targeting, seems strange that Wenger is apparently after him. They need a #9 and a CB first and foremost, then a DM and a goalkeeper. Not another quasi-striker-cum-winger-cum-midfielder-lol-I-have-no-position type.

Just what Arsenal need.

They already have Walcott, Nasri and Arshavin who are capable on the right... Apparently they've all but signed Ricky Alvarez who is a natural left footed wide player/attacking midfielder.

I really don't think Gervinho is a player they need to be targeting, seems strange that Wenger is apparently after him. They need a #9 and a CB first and foremost, then a DM and a goalkeeper. Not another quasi-striker-cum-winger-cum-midfielder-lol-I-have-no-position type.

We've pulled out of Alvarez, they wanted too much going to Roma by the looks of it.

Arshavin will be off i imagine along with Rosicky so we really do need wing cover with one, i imagine, being Oxlade-Chamberlaine.

Guest neesy111

Just what Arsenal need.

We've pulled out of Alvarez, they wanted too much going to Roma by the looks of it.

Arshavin will be off i imagine along with Rosicky so we really do need wing cover with one, i imagine, being Oxlade-Chamberlaine.

Again exactly what Arsenal don't need, another young prospect with no experience whatsoever.

If Arsenal had 15m to spend surely there would be MUCH better places to spend it on than Gervinho?

Like.. I don't know, a certain Ivorian demi-God who would solve their defensive midfielder problem instantly for the next decade?

If Arsenal had 15m to spend surely there would be MUCH better places to spend it on than Gervinho?

Like.. I don't know, a certain Ivorian demi-God who would solve their defensive midfielder problem instantly for the next decade?

If they doubled that amount maybe :)

Guest WisconsinMagpie

No real journalist is going to break a story on Twitter instead of where he's being paid to break it. If Gervinho goes to Arsenal it'll mean people like @MarcoSilva11 guessed right, not that they had info. And it'll be an embarrassment to every professional journalist covering Arsenal who somehow missed it.

The French reports of Gervinho's imminent signing with Newcastle are stemming from Sky Sports. Here's one of a number of sources quoting Sky. http://www.maxifoot.fr/football/article-12685.htm

Guest schmuck

All Arsenal need to win the league are a good holding midfielder a quality CB and a keeper who doesnt flap like fuck...

Why would they need someone like Gervinho...

Unless you count Walcott, they don't really have any natural width

All Arsenal need to win the league are a good holding midfielder a quality CB and a keeper who doesnt flap like fuck...

They don't cross the ball anyway?

All Arsenal need to win the league are a good holding midfielder a quality CB and a keeper who doesnt flap like f***...

They don't cross the ball anyway?

Exactly :lol:

All Arsenal need to win the league are a good holding midfielder a quality CB and a keeper who doesnt flap like f***...

They also need a striker.

In others words, they're 4-5 players away from the title - like most teams. Sick of hearing about them tbh.