Gervinho

Dave

Guest magpie99

Oldtypes analysis is spot on.

Move on and get the Zog in

At 12m quid and a year on his contract to go. Really?

Its what we think about selling Jose though, a year left and no way he leaves on the cheap.

Guest magpie99

Its what we think about selling Jose though, a year left and no way he leaves on the cheap.

Yes, I said the same thing in another thread and that is why I dont expect Jose to go for anything more than 6 or 7 million

For all we know, we arent even in for them anymore. We could have gave up on them and moved on.

Alot of this regimes transfers have come out of the blue, wouldnt suprise me if we end up signing someone who isnt on the radar at all.

I think we're a bit deluded if we thought the likes of him and Gameiro would just come here first choice.

We're always the second option for if one of the Champions League sides doesn't come in, that's the case with 13 other clubs in this league, and there's not many of those other 13 who would still have the money or be able to attract them. I think we've got a decent shout of both still, if none of the elite come in, which was always the case, wasn't it?

For all we know, we arent even in for them anymore. We could have gave up on them and moved on.

Alot of this regimes transfers have come out of the blue, wouldnt suprise me if we end up signing someone who isnt on the radar at all.

Someone like Marek Mintál?

Mintál, an offensive midfielder, became widely regarded for his inconspicuous style of play, which has led to him being called "stealth bomber",

I think we're a bit deluded if we thought the likes of him and Gameiro would just come here first choice.

We're always the second option for if one of the Champions League sides doesn't come in, that's the case with 13 other clubs in this league, and there's not many of those other 13 who would still have the money or be able to attract them. I think we've got a decent shout of both still, if none of the elite come in, which was always the case, wasn't it?

Exactly.

Guest twickmag

Like I said in the Jose thread, Gary Jacob in the Times says despite Lille accepting our offer of £10m, he has declined to come here

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Here the original story quoting Gervinho today: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110608_082206_gervinho-n-est-plus-sur-de-rien.html

The article has him angling for an extension at Lille. Obviously the English offers aren't blowing him or his agent away. And apparently there's an £8M buyout clause so no one can pressure the club with a big fee offer. So much for that bidding war between Arsenal and Man City.