See Im not the only one

Guest Obi

3 Recognised defenders bluesigh.gif A left winger (still a kid and still learning that position) forced to play left back. Our right winger forced to play on the left as cover, a right CM playing right wing and an unfit left winger up front to support shearer wheelchair.gif Yes we had loads of options and quality out there :banghead:

So are you saying that we didn't have to make 5 or 6 changes just because our leftback or central defender was injured?

Guest The Fox

Some People conveniently forget that when Souness took over he said I have a top 5 squad here. They also forget that we could not even get into Europe through the Intertoto, that we have only scored away from home in 3 games, that we are currently 12th. I repeat has anyone seen a top quality performance under his reign. I haven't.

As Wullie said, Emerson Thome - it says it all really!

Gary Teale - one of their stand outs in the game - £100k signing from Ayr United!

I can't believe folk are trying to defend Wedensday's shambles, we were playing Wigan's second team, some of which hadn't played all season in the prem!

Guest groundhogdaze

I'm saying Souey had no other options than to play the players he had where he did. And as has already been pointed out there were too many square pegs going into round holes.

Suppose all our injuries and suspensions are Souey's fault though.........

Guest Jangles

3 Recognised defenders bluesigh.gif A left winger (still a kid and still learning that position) forced to play left back. Our right winger forced to play on the left as cover, a right CM playing right wing and an unfit left winger up front to support shearer wheelchair.gif Yes we had loads of options and quality out there :banghead:

It wasnt necessary:

RB - Nobby, played there for his country

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Give Chopra and Brittain starts, as Wigan were playing their reserve team we might as well give ours some experience

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Give Chopra and Brittain starts, as Wigan were playing their reserve team we might as well give ours some experience

You've done better than Souness, you've only put 1 square peg into the round hole, another excuse bites the dust and another reason for calling the manager an idiot appears.

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Good old hindsight.

What you fail to include is the result from your standard issue crystal ball with that team to prove Souness got it wrong.

That team won right? Chopra and Brittain actually looked capable of doing something in this game?

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Good old hindsight.

What you fail to include is the result from your standard issue crystal ball with that team to prove Souness got it wrong.

That team won right? Chopra and Brittain actually looked capable of doing something in this game?

Unbelievable, Souness cocked up big time with his formation and you still defend him.  I don't think you need crystal balls, eye balls would be a start.

Where did I defend him brains?

How did he cock up because he chose a different side to you?

Or because your team wins in your crystal ball?

Unbelievable indeed.

Where did I defend him brains?

Good old hindsight.

I've done it in bold so you remember it for a bit longer this time.  You make it seem as if it wasn't possible to see that we were going to struggle with the formation he put out, the one where we had so many players out of position.

How did he cock up because he chose a different side to you?

He cocked up because he played too many players out of position when he only needed to move one.

He cocked up because he couldn't come up with a game plan to beat Wagan reserves. 

He cocked up because he couldn't motivate his players to beat Wigan reserves.

Or because your team wins in your crystal ball?

I've told you, it's eye balls you need.

Unbelievable indeed.

You really are.

Guest Jangles

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Good old hindsight.

I didnt say theyd win, I was just pointing out that we werent forced to play people out of position

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Good old hindsight.

I didnt say theyd win, I was just pointing out that we werent forced to play people out of position

Yes we were, Solano may have played in goal in training on Monday, it doesnt make him a goalkeeper, just like playing right back (and left back by the way) Years ago doesnt mean he is a right back.

Would playing Taylor upfront not be playing him out of position because he started out as a Centre Forward?

Brittain is total shiite, Chopra doesnt look like he's good enough either which seems common sense enough to leave them out.

We were down to the bare bones, the Manager juggled them around, he is responsible and everyone knows it.

Of course we were forced to play people out of position because other people are shiit or injured.

It wasnt necessary:

CB - Boum

CB - Ramage

LB - Elliott

Good old hindsight.

Yes we were, Solano may have played in goal in training on Monday, it doesnt make him a goalkeeper, just like playing right back (and left back by the way) Years ago doesnt mean he is a right back.

Would playing Taylor upfront not be playing him out of position because he started out as a Centre Forward?

Brittain is total shiite, Chopra doesnt look like he's good enough either which seems common sense enough to leave them out.

We were down to the bare bones, the Manager juggled them around, he is responsible and everyone knows it.

Of course we were forced to play people out of position because other people are shiit or injured.

That's not a bad response, the only thing you are missing is that the players he picked were chosen by him, or at least I think they were, we were not forced to play 5 or 6 players out of position, it was his choice.  He could have played the same team and only had one player out of position.

How could playing so many out of position be better than playing 1 out of position?

I really can't see how you can defend against that and I'm not just saying it to try to prove a point, it was a crazy decision.

That's not a bad response, the only thing you are missing is that the players he picked were chosen by him, or at least I think they were, we were not forced to play 5 or 6 players out of position, it was his choice.  He could have played the same team and only had one player out of position.

How could playing so many out of position be better than playing 1 out of position?

I really can't see how you can defend against that and I'm not just saying it to try to prove a point, it was a crazy decision.

He could only choose from what was available, he obviously thought his line up was the best available and rather than play shiite, he played N'Zogbia at left back and chose Elliott to play out of position at CB.

I actually think Elliott is less of a liability at Cb than he is at left back, despite giving away the pen.

If he played Nobby out of position at RB, and played Ramage (untested at CB so far) at CB with Boum and Elliott LB it could have been far worse.

Thats before we mention fuukin Brittain getting a game.

Its just our opinion, we dont count anyway, Souness chose his team, they were shiit, he carries the can and he has.

• 1 year later...
Guest Nappy Rash

Just for fun.

I spent the whole entire thread trying to tell you daft cunts that I didnt write it didnt I (from memory) because its easier to imagine something happened than actually read  :lol:

Guest Nappy Rash

This particular quote cracked me up then and still does now :lol:

You ignorant knacker  :lol:

Guest Nappy Rash

Ive just read all my replies again.

Fuck me some of you nuggets are hard work  :lol:

I wonder if a Year and a half later any of you daft gets realise I didnt write it  :lol:

On and we qualified for Europe  :lol:

Guest Nappy Rash

:lol:

You did f*** up, mind.

Irony  :lol:

Actually thought you made decent enough points at the beginning.  The problem with you is you can't accept a different opinion.  We're either all stupid, blind or both in your eyes.

I was laughing my stots off that day  :laugh: