Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest bimpy474

Holding player, deep/advanced playermaker, box to box, defensive midfielder total ballbags.

Its bloody central midfield, work your arse off backward, forward and side to side but its still feckin central midfield.

Damn you FM damn you to hell  :angry:  ;D

Has come off at HT but no mention of injury.

Going off to catch the last flight into Newcastle.

Could be tbh.

Theirs no direct flights from Poland to Newcastle within the next 24 hours, however assuming he's going via Paris there is at least 2 due in tomorrow.

Holding player, deep/advanced playermaker, box to box, defensive midfielder total ballbags.

Its bloody central midfield, work your arse off backward, forward and side to side but its still feckin central midfield.

Damn you FM damn you to hell  :angry:   ;D

Would you describe a tiny goalpoacher in the same way as a lumbering centre forward? Both forwards, but just more specific with the descriptions.  :razz:

Guest axel

Could be tbh.

Theirs no direct flights from Poland to Newcastle within the next 24 hours, however assuming he's going via Paris their is at least 2 due in tomorrow.

Private jet mate  :snod:

Guest bimpy474

Could be tbh.

Theirs no direct flights from Poland to Newcastle within the next 24 hours, however assuming he's going via Paris their is at least 2 due in tomorrow.

Direct to England and then Ashley's helichopper ?

Guest bimpy474

Damn you FM damn you to hell  :angry:   ;D

Would you describe a tiny goalpoacher in the same way as a lumbering centre forward? Both forwards, just more specific with the descriptions.  :razz:

DOH !!!  ;D did you have to do that  ;D

For what it's worth I agree with you RE central midfielders, I prefer a player that can do the whole package rather than somebody who just tackles and then passes backwards. (hope you're reading this Javier Mascherano, that's you I'm talking about)

Stifler checking plain times. :lol: Loser.

I said my first statement as a joke, the I thought fuck I might be right and curiosity got the better of me.

For the record, it's plane not plain.

Guest bimpy474

For what it's worth I agree with you RE central midfielders, I prefer a player that can do the whole package rather than somebody who just tackles and then passes backwards. (hope you're reading this Javier Mascherano, that's you I'm talking about)

If we play three in the middle i think my old style football formation brain will blow up, 3 central or is it ? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Stifler checking plain times. :lol: Loser.

I said my first statement as a joke, the I thought fuck I might be right and curiosity got the better of me.

For the record, it's plane not plain.

Spelling corrections from Stifler.  :kinnear:

I better lay low for a bit.

Looks neat and tidy to me.  He'll be an asset in a team with movement ahead of him (hopefully!)

Yeah, he certainly looks like he can pass the ball quickly and accurately.

Is it cynical of me to think the Cabaye signing has been arranged to happen on the very day that season tickets go on general sale tomorrow? :hmm:

I just thought it was because he was done with international duties tonight?

EDIT: damn you optimistic nut

Is it cynical of me to think the Cabaye signing has been arranged to happen on the very day that season tickets go on general sale tomorrow? :hmm:

Given that he's been on international duty since it was first announced, I'd say so. :lol:

Must be a complete coincidence then.

Looks a cracking player from what I've seen like. :)

I like the way the player seems to have handled the move - no histrionics, no will-I-won't-I's or publicly using our interest to entice other clubs. It looks like he gave the club an early answer and has stuck to it.

First impression - decent guy.

Yeah I am pretty happy with this signing despite knowing little of the player. Not sure where he will play, have a feeling it will be in Barton's position but no idea why really.

Sounds a canny player though, especially for the price.

Probably a Giggs, but from wiki:

He is of Vietnamese descent through his maternal grandmother.[5] Cabaye has stated he would like to visit the country of his origins and hopes to possibly contribute to the development of football there

What a man

Has anybody given him, N-Os man on the ground, special agent neesys number yet?

I like the way the player seems to have handled the move - no histrionics, no will-I-won't-I's or publicly using our interest to entice other clubs. It looks like he gave the club an early answer and has stuck to it.

First impression - decent guy.

Yeh, glad to have him on board. He wants to be here, and as you say - no fuss.

What's more he looks a very decent player as well.