Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I know the lad has ability but at the mo he reminds me of Emre. Step it up ffa because he's contributing little at the moment.

I know you like Pardew but you're criticising his performances while disregarding clear contributing factors to why this has happened. It's not a case of him simply not playing well. At the moment we're set up to get work-rate and harrying out of him and that's it.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I know the lad has ability but at the mo he reminds me of Emre. Step it up ffa because he's contributing little at the moment.

Yeah, I see some of Emre in him. Especially with the buzzing round. I reckon he's a lot more efficient though, and we should see a lot more out of his game next year through natural progression (not even taking into account the possibility we try to keep the ball on the deck for a bit).

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, like I said, Cabaye's a lot fitter and more efficient at it. I can see the similarities though.

:lol: You've got to laugh at some of the absolutely dismal attempts to defend the manager's long ball game like. I know "'we're 6th and that" but Jesus. :lol:

I've seen criticism of Krul, Cabaye, Ba and Cisse but question the manager's tactics, you better put your tin hat on.

Its a bit hard to dominate the midfield when the ball is flying over your head every 5 mins  :lol:

On the style debate, i dont expect to play like Barca but what i do expect is to see us pass through the midfield instead of completing bypassing it and playing our players strengths and not weaknesses......

I can understand Williamson and Simpson hoofing it, but Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas etc etc

GTFO!

Play more like we did in the 2nd half and i wont complain too much, we have good players i think its time we use them.

Just finished watching that second half again....emotion removed from the analysis!

Cabaye did very well. He looked to receive the ball, played good early balls into the frontmen, spread the play well (particularly to Arfa before he skinned Richardson and shot at the near post) and regularly kept things ticking over in the centre of the pitch... Second half performance was definitely a solid 7 like.

It should also be stated that he has put in an unreal shift physically this season......his first season can be considered his conditioning to the EPL,...next season....:megusta:

Just finished watching that second half again....emotion removed from the analysis!

Cabaye did very well. He looked to receive the ball, played good early balls into the frontmen, spread the play well (particularly to Arfa before he skinned Richardson and shot at the near post) and regularly kept things ticking over in the centre of the pitch... Second half performance was definitely a solid 7 like.

It should also be stated that he has put in an unreal shift physically this season......his first season can be considered his conditioning to the EPL,...next season....:megusta:

Same thing for me when i watched the wolves match 2nd time round - thought he was very poor on the initial showing but 2nd time round i appreciated that he did have quite a good game. suppose it's that he's doing a lot of work without fuss rather than being full of eye-catching moments.

Same thing for me when i watched the wolves match 2nd time round - thought he was very poor on the initial showing but 2nd time round i appreciated that he did have quite a good game. suppose it's that he's doing a lot of work without fuss rather than being full of eye-catching moments.

Im a huge Cabaye fan but this is a bit pointless. You cannot give much credit to a play-maker doing some simple play-making against ten men under no pressure. It's the least you should expect.

His work off the ball, whether it's in our possession or not, is top top class. He is almost constantly moving, giving players options, or closing down the ball and/or opposition runners. He won't provide us with many hollywood moments, but when it comes to the donkey work he is absolutely top class, no doubt in my mind.

Im a huge Cabaye fan but this is a bit pointless. You cannot give much credit to a play-maker doing some simple play-making against ten men under no pressure. It's the least you should expect.

You cannot expect him to magically open locks....he is not that sort of player!

That is HBA

Cabaye should perform a role akin to Xavi of Barcelona, creating space, supporting team possession, and moving the ball around (and, at the correct time forward) quickly.

Cabaye is far more a central midfielder than an attacking one...

You cannot expect him to magically open locks....he is not that sort of player!

That is HBA

Cabaye should perform a role akin to Xavi of Barcelona, creating space, supporting team possession, and moving the ball around (and, at the correct time forward) quickly.

Cabaye is far more a central midfielder than an attacking one...

Agreed. He's more of an all-action type than a Xavi or Alonso. The scope of pitch which he operates within is huge at the moment, but that's what you get playing alongside Tiote with two forwards. Apart from him getting more shots on target, and finding forwards with early keyhole passes on the deck, I can't ask more from him tbh. He's no shrinking violet, and even in the games where his passing has been a bit off, his still gets stuck in, and goes about his business without fuss.

What a terrible post. I suggest you read mine again.

:lol: :lol:

What are you laughing at? You quoted me and failed to address my point. Then just some vague and irrelevant ramble that Cabaye should play a role similar to Xavi :lol:

What a terrible post. I suggest you read mine again.

:lol: :lol:

What are you laughing at? You quoted me and failed to address my point. Then just some vague and irrelevant ramble that Cabaye should play a role similar to Xavi :lol:

Well then, I suggest you read my post again

:p

yohan cabaye ‏ @YCabayeofficiel

3-0 at half time, Emirates must be on fire! I hope know european atmosphere in St James next season ...  :smitten:

Oh dear. When we don't make it he's off to them for £5m. Fuck you Mike Ashley! Fuck you very much! :(