Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

There are 3 players that we can never replace without spending huge amount of money: Ben Arfa, Colo and Cabaye.  Sheer madness to talk about selling any of them unless they make transfer request.

As much as I love Ben Arfa if he has another season like his last 2 then he is fairly easily replaced, not with the same quality but someone half as good playing twice as much will be a lot more use to us.

Last 2? Last season he probably won more games for us than we could imagine. We went six straight games winning when he was back in the side. I'd be happy to have him even if it means only 15games a season. Benny, Cabs, Krul and Colo are non-replaceable at the moment.

I would prefer someone who will play more than a third/quarter of a season but each to their own.

Me too, but where are we going to find two players as good as Benny?

:lol:

All I've said is that is the set pieces are the fault of both players and Pardew. The fact there's actually been a prolonged debate about that tells you everything you need to know. None of us are happy, man, but come on.

Cabaye: 'I am very happy at Newcastle, I'm only focused on saving this club'

Yohan Cabaye has reassured Newcastle United fans that he remains committed to the black-and-white cause

United fans have chanted “Don’t sell Cabaye” all season during Toon matches and, while the French international will be a sought-after talent this summer, he is keen to get the message out that he only sees his future in a Newcastle shirt.

Cabaye, though, first wanted to focus firmly on ensuring United beat the drop.

But ahead of Sunday’s trip to Loftus Road, Cabaye gave the fans some welcome news when he told the

Chronicle: “I have three years contract left and now my mind is just to save the club.

“We have two cup finals then it will be the holidays. But I am at Newcastle. I don’t want to think about the future with two games left.

“I am very, very happy to play for this club and these fans.”

United could seal survival with a point against QPR, if Arsenal beat Wigan on Tuesday night at the Emirates, which would mean the Latics would be six points behind with one game to play.

Former Lille man Cabaye followed his captain Fabricio Coloccini’s lead when he admitted that mistakes had been made at United – and now they must learn from them.

When asked if he now faced a two-part mission to first avoid relegation then push on next season, Cabaye said: “Exactly. We all made some mistakes at the start of the season.

“That’s why we are fighting for relegation.

“But if we learn from our mistakes, no problem.

“We are only human. And we all make mistakes, but now is time to learn and prepare. We need to finish strongly and then prepare well for next season.

“We have to be ready to fight and play and be ready again in the Premier League like we were last season.”

Cabaye will come face to face on Sunday with Loic Remy who turned Newcastle down in January and signed for QPR. And Cabaye sees danger unless he is dealt with properly on Sunday.

He said: “For me, Loic is a good player. He’s a good finisher. He’s a good striker and he’s quick.

“I hope he will be quiet for us!”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabaye-says-remains-committed-3568646?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guest Slippery Sam

I don't think he's been fully fit.  Probably been playing with some type of niggling ailment.

This. Isn't it common knowledge that he has a groin problem?  Something similar to what Shearer had a few years ago i.e. should have an op, but having an injection(s) before the game?

Guest neesy111

Cabaye: 'I am very happy at Newcastle, I'm only focused on saving this club'

Yohan Cabaye has reassured Newcastle United fans that he remains committed to the black-and-white cause

United fans have chanted “Don’t sell Cabaye” all season during Toon matches and, while the French international will be a sought-after talent this summer, he is keen to get the message out that he only sees his future in a Newcastle shirt.

Cabaye, though, first wanted to focus firmly on ensuring United beat the drop.

But ahead of Sunday’s trip to Loftus Road, Cabaye gave the fans some welcome news when he told the

Chronicle: “I have three years contract left and now my mind is just to save the club.

“We have two cup finals then it will be the holidays. But I am at Newcastle. I don’t want to think about the future with two games left.

“I am very, very happy to play for this club and these fans.”

United could seal survival with a point against QPR, if Arsenal beat Wigan on Tuesday night at the Emirates, which would mean the Latics would be six points behind with one game to play.

Former Lille man Cabaye followed his captain Fabricio Coloccini’s lead when he admitted that mistakes had been made at United – and now they must learn from them.

When asked if he now faced a two-part mission to first avoid relegation then push on next season, Cabaye said: “Exactly. We all made some mistakes at the start of the season.

“That’s why we are fighting for relegation.

“But if we learn from our mistakes, no problem.

“We are only human. And we all make mistakes, but now is time to learn and prepare. We need to finish strongly and then prepare well for next season.

“We have to be ready to fight and play and be ready again in the Premier League like we were last season.”

Cabaye will come face to face on Sunday with Loic Remy who turned Newcastle down in January and signed for QPR. And Cabaye sees danger unless he is dealt with properly on Sunday.

He said: “For me, Loic is a good player. He’s a good finisher. He’s a good striker and he’s quick.

“I hope he will be quiet for us!”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabaye-says-remains-committed-3568646?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Players are pretty much obligated to say stuff throughout the season, yes it's often just soudnbites but how often do people speak transparently in football? If he said nothing then he'd be criticised for that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I know it's probably in their contracts to engage the media and in the best interests of the club and all that jazz, but I'd rather they spent time f***ing training and working on other games then pissing about with stuff for the Journal and the fucking Chronicle

Guest icemanblue

I know it's probably in their contracts to engage the media and in the best interests of the club and all that jazz, but I'd rather they spent time f***ing training and working on other games then pissing about with stuff for the Journal and the fucking Chronicle

For every person like this, there's one who will complain if players remain silent through difficult times. They simply can't win.

Guest neesy111

Neesy, what exactly do you expect players to say?

It's the 2nd interview he's done this week with them, he's sounding like a media whore.

For every person like this, there's one who will complain if players remain silent through difficult times. They simply can't win.

:thup: I doubt a daft interview with a paper is going to to get in the way of his training and preparation anyway. It's a 5 minute conversation if that.

Guest neesy111

Counting down his contract, wants to be on his holidays .v. up for the fight, happy at the club. [/spin]

Sounds like a way to deflect criticism of some shocking recent performances by him.

I know it's probably in their contracts to engage the media and in the best interests of the club and all that jazz, but I'd rather they spent time f***ing training and working on other games then pissing about with stuff for the Journal and the f***ing Chronicle

I don't suppose, given the length of the article, that it was a 12 hour interview.  I think his training time would have been unaffected.

Guest icemanblue

:thup: I doubt a daft interview with a paper is going to to get in the way of his training and preparation anyway. It's a 5 minute conversation if that.

Then there's neesy, who just wants to see the world burn.

Guest neesy111

Then there's neesy, who just wants to see the world burn.

Then their's you try to antagonize everyone on here as usual.

Has this ever actually happened?  I'm starting to think the chronicle are following a different Newcastle United to the rest of us.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: I thought we were bezzies now?

You've turned on Ian in the perv thread and now you're pimping yourself around to neesy.  You little forum whore you :lol:

Ian turned the world on himself with his shameless comments. Or, it was just a joke.

EDIT: That's Cabaye's song, innit. 'Don't sell Cabaye, Yohan Cabaye', to the tune of Achey Breaky Heart.

Has this ever actually happened?  I'm starting to think the chronicle are following a different Newcastle United to the rest of us.

It's been sung every home match since Brugge away.