Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

PSG won't buy him its just media mischievousness, they already have better players and in Verratti maybe not better right now but has a ceiling that far out weighs anything Cabaye can achieve.

I know PSG have loads of money but they are not like City and buy players they don't need for no reason, PSG buy players they need and is run by football people who understand what is needed.

Which is why PSG got to the latter stages of the CL quicker than City did.

Monaco on the other hand is very different and they seem more interested in building a team with a french core unlike PSG.

I think he'll give it another season here before deciding on a move. Unless an English team in the CL comes in for him in the summer.

I don't believe he wants to move, but he will have ambition. He's a talented player that's had a disappointing season. He did do a lot of work persuading players to sign in January though, which makes me believe he does see a future here for himself, we just have to progress along with him.

Get the impression that of any our "top" players he's the most likely to leave. He's obviously suffered from injury this season but he hasn't had enough of an impact in games as you'd like. He's a great player but is he as good as everyone makes out??? (20+m bracket?) Mind the tactics from the manager have been atrocious so you can factor that in.

Get the impression that of any our "top" players he's the most likely to leave. He's obviously suffered from injury this season but he hasn't had enough of an impact in games as you'd like. He's a great player but is he as good as everyone makes out??? (20+m bracket?) Mind the tactics from the manager have been atrocious so you can factor that in.

He wouldn't be wanted by CL clubs if he wasn't.... he's just been terribly misused like nearly everyone else, i'd argue the majority of our players haven't even performed to a 5m level but a lot of that is down to the manager's tactics, style of play and last but not least the ridiculous negativity.

Besides its not about whether he's worth 20m or not, its about how much we can get and you can bet Ashley will try and get well above market value for any prized assets.

Especially for the player who is supposedly his favourite.

Stuff like this annoys me so much. We achieved a top 5 finish last year. He now contemplates his future after 1 bad season in which he performed shit in. It is not as if he has been having to carry the team on his back. Whilst Pardew is a fucking moron and tends to misuse most of our players, there is no hiding the fact that Cabaye has been extremely poor. This is not 100% down to tactics as simple shit like passing the ball seems difficult for him at the moment.

If he played better then I would understand him.

A huge percentage of our shit season is down to Pardew and his tactics, although there is still a percentage that goes towards how shit our players have played. The tactics do not help but for players to complete the simple stuff like passing the ball 5 yards would be appreciated next season. If they can do this and still want a move then fair enough.

Stuff like this annoys me so much. We achieved a top 5 finish last year. He now contemplates his future after 1 bad season in which he performed s*** in. It is not as if he has been having to carry the team on his back. Whilst Pardew is a f***ing moron and tends to misuse most of our players, there is no hiding the fact that Cabaye has been extremely poor. This is not 100% down to tactics as simple s*** like passing the ball seems difficult for him at the moment.

If he played better then I would understand him.

A huge percentage of our s*** season is down to Pardew and his tactics, although there is still a percentage that goes towards how s*** our players have played. The tactics do not help but for players to complete the simple stuff like passing the ball 5 yards would be appreciated next season. If they can do this and still want a move then fair enough.

Maybe he's sick of being sold a lie about passing football by his manager, and that 2 seasons in there's no sign of a change?

Guest Phil K
He now contemplates his future after 1 bad season in which he performed s*** in.

TBF - imagine yourself, playing for your national team, and impressing. The papers love you, and the big players come knocking. Then you go back to your own club, in deep sh*t at the wrong end of the league, struggling with an idiot for a manager and utter clowns as coaches - here because they can't get jobs anywhere else. Players underperforming around you, big loyal crowd, restless at the crap they're seeing - and you KNOW if you had a better manager things would be 2000% better. But your chairman wants the cheapest option as manager, so gives the fool an EIGHT year contract.

Wouldn't YOU want to get out ?

He now contemplates his future after 1 bad season in which he performed s*** in.

TBF - imagine yourself, playing for your national team, and impressing. The papers love you, and the big players come knocking. Then you go back to your own club, in deep sh*t at the wrong end of the league, struggling with an idiot for a manager and utter clowns as coaches - here because they can't get jobs anywhere else. Players underperforming around you, big loyal crowd, restless at the crap they're seeing - and you KNOW if you had a better manager things would be 2000% better. But your chairman wants the cheapest option as manager, so gives the fool an EIGHT year contract.

Wouldn't YOU want to get out ?

I agree with everything you said. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he (and others) appear to struggle to make a 10 yard pass. It must be infuriating to play under such a clueless clown but Pardew isn't the one controlling his foot when he goes to make a pass.

Maybe he's sick of being sold a lie about passing football by his manager, and that 2 seasons in there's no sign of a change?

Most probably, but as I said, if he can't do the simple stuff then things aren't going to improve.

Most probably, but as I said, if he can't do the simple stuff then things aren't going to improve.

He's had a bout of depression earlier this season couple with lack of rest and a chronic injury. The boss isn't helping with a poor season and nonsensical vibes, players lost their confidence and everyone is playing badly. He isn't allowed to play his natural game and is restricted to mainly a defensive role.

I think you shouldn't underestimate all these factors especially what depression could have done to him.

Yeah, he's linked with Man United, Arsenal, PSG, Monaco, but he's not good enough for us.  It's strange that these highly talented, sought after players come here and are suddenly shit.  Maybe there's a common connection.

In all seriousness some of our players may have woefully underperformed this season but i'm finding it hard to really judge them considering everything else.

Still not sure what Cabayes good at. He's not got a great engine nor is he very physical in the middle.

Is his passing that good? He tries some daft passes. His short range passing is ok but hardly breathtaking. He's hardly a threat at goal either.

In the back of my mind, all I can assume is that Pardew has tainted his game.

Wow

I'm a big fan of Cabaye but what he offers is very sporadic. It's the odd superb pass or wonder strike. He doesn't stamp himself all over a game like a £20m+ midfielder should.

At the weekend, he played the second half against Derry and Jenas. He should be running the show but he doesn't.

He'd definately be better in a better structured, better managed side but I'm not sure I would turn down £20m.

The problem is whether it would be reinvested....

I'm a big fan of Cabaye but what he offers is very sporadic. It's the odd superb pass or wonder strike. He doesn't stamp himself all over a game like a £20m+ midfielder should.

At the weekend, he played the second half against Derry and Jenas. He should be running the show but he doesn't.

He'd definately be better in a better structured, better managed side but I'm not sure I would turn down £20m.

The problem is whether it would be reinvested....

Did you see how we played? we sat back and hoofed as soon as we got the lead. No midfielder in the world would run the show with tactics and mentality like that.

It really isn't as simple as you are better than them run the show, the mentality and tactics among many other things have to be right too.

Surely this season has proven that all quality in the world means f*ck all if the man in charge of it is a moron?

He's had a bout of depression earlier this season couple with lack of rest and a chronic injury. The boss isn't helping with a poor season and nonsensical vibes, players lost their confidence and everyone is playing badly. He isn't allowed to play his natural game and is restricted to mainly a defensive role.

I think you shouldn't underestimate all these factors especially what depression could have done to him.

Agree. But then why play him if it is affecting his individual performance as well as the teams?

I am not saying he his shit. Far from it. I love Cabaye and think he is a fantastic player and would love him to stay. It just frustrates me how players just look to move when shit hits the fan. As I said, I would be more understanding if his individual performance was better. No one can tell me that the players aren't a little to blame.

Agree. But then why play him if it is affecting his individual performance as well as the teams?

I am not saying he his s***. Far from it. I love Cabaye and think he is a fantastic player and would love him to stay. It just frustrates me how players just look to move when s*** hits the fan. As I said, I would be more understanding if his individual performance was better. No one can tell me that the players aren't a little to blame.

Because we desperately needed a win and Cabaye is one of the few players in the squad who can create goal-scoring chances. And you'll realised that all the players' performances have been affected the entire season, not just him alone. There was a run of matches where he came back after his operation that he excelled in too.

He hasn't said he wants to move on though. The most you can make out of those words is that he's keeping his options open. It's perfectly understandable how he feels. He's already had 2 seasons where he couldn't express his playing style, and things still aren't looking to improve. I'll be equally demoralised/drepressed if I was him.

Not enough chances created for Cisse - Cisse's a poor goalscorer.

No one to aim for in the box - Debuchy's a poor crosser.

Occupied with holding a defensive position, can't create chances - Cabaye doesn't show heart.

Teammates not making runs for through balls - Ben Arfa... well, Benny is safe for now.

I think he'll give it another season here before deciding on a move. Unless an English team in the CL comes in for him in the summer.

I don't believe he wants to move, but he will have ambition. He's a talented player that's had a disappointing season. He did do a lot of work persuading players to sign in January though, which makes me believe he does see a future here for himself, we just have to progress along with him.

Bang on.

Bang on.

Worth remembering he's maybe not as motivated by success and medals as many would believe. He left a title winning team & CL campaign to join what was a midtable PL club. If he was so fucked off Debuchy et al wouldn't be here. Increased wages from previous clubs always helps too.

most midfielders  are dependant on pace and movement in front of them. unless you're able to dribble like gazza (or dare I say it, Bale) you're really going to look average and ponderous if you have no options in front of you.

Only just got around to reading his comments in today's Journal. He's put it pretty much perfectly. What I'd hope the manager was coming out with.

Yeah thought that too. A player showing more balls and being more honest than his boss. What a coward Pardew is.

Only just got around to reading his comments in today's Journal. He's put it pretty much perfectly. What I'd hope the manager was coming out with.

Yeah thought that too. A player showing more balls and being more honest than his boss. What a coward Pardew is.

:lol: Shame he forgot to do it on the pitch repeatedly (often when captain) when it may have matter slightly more than cheap words when now we're safe.