Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

IF there is any substance in the Monaco story, I am not surprised at the fee - I thought Cabaye would fetch around 20m.

Even if Monaco are in for him, the club would deny it - just as they denied that there was any rift in the dressing room, whereas Edwards said that his sources were so impeccable that the DT editor was prepared to back him against the club.....

As I said on the Williamson story - I believe what the club say when I see it happen - not before.

They have form in that department..

Guest neesy111

His game did improve towards the end of last season.

Totally disagree.  He got worse for me.

Not in Monaco.  Pretty clear, why everyone rich moves there.

Yeah but if they are made to move their headquarters to France that will change, this is what the meeting is about

I'm not a tax expert, but isn't a person's tax rate dependent on where they are resident, not where their employer's headquarter is based?

I'd let him go but I'd squeeze as much out of them as we can. Sissoko and Tiote in the middle with Marveaux pushed on might work better for us anyway. If we can get enough to invest in a good striker and a natural left winger and we'll probably have done well from this.

Marveaux who's always injured + Tiote who's always injured plus looked inept for the best part of 2 years?

Sissoko who can barely control a football? Losing Cabaye would be a disaster IMO unless an adequate replacement is brought in.

Tiote inept for 2 years and Sissoko can't control a football? You spend too much time on RTG TWD. Your brain is slowly but surely eroding.

:thup:

nowt like a bit of bullshit to make your point

Tiote was an abomination this season and around half of last season, I did say BEST PART, which is accurate.

And did you see Sissoko after his first few games? constantly losing the ball due to poor first touch running into crowds of players, I know thats partly due to Pardew seemingly using him as some sort of battering ram but come on.

Tiote was an abomination this season and around half of last season, I did say BEST PART, which is accurate.

And did you see Sissoko after his first few games? constantly losing the ball due to poor first touch running into crowds of players, I know thats partly due to Pardew seemingly using him as some sort of battering ram but come on.

Tiote didn't have the best of season, but last season he was more than instrumental in our fifth place finish. Then again, name me a player who has played to their potential this season just past. No need to single out Tiote this much. An abomination FFS.

Sissoko came here in January to a new team in a new league, grabbed us by the neck and practically saved our bacon in those first few matches. He played 11 matches in 30 days from what I've read. Fatigue was an issue towards the end of the season, but to say he can't control a football is rubbish. You also say he was constantly losing the ball, which is obviously hyperbole, but may actually be grounded in reality. I don't know the stats, but I'm pretty sure that players in more advanced positions (which is where he was played) are bound to lose the ball more. It happens to Ben Arfa as well. He tries to create yet sometimes runs into blind alleys, holds onto the ball too long or tries an adventurous pass that gets intercepted. Yet I don't see you complaining about him?

In short, your opinion on our players makes you sound like a mackem. Maybe you do have spent too much time on there.. :lol:

cabaye is the only player in our squad who is capable of putting his foot on the ball and looking around for a pass, pity for him everyone is always stood still, but the point remains that lose him and we lose that part of our game

i'm of the personal opinion that anita may be able to play the role but it'll be a huge fuckin gamble to try it....if we played anita in his role and the movement remains as static as it is then he's fucked...if anita is the fulcrum and people are moving around in a fluid formation i see no reason why his physique should be a problem

Tiote didn't have the best of season, but last season he was more than instrumental in our fifth place finish. Then again, name me a player who has played to their potential this season just past. No need to single out Tiote this much. An abomination FFS.

Sissoko came here in January to a new team in a new league, grabbed us by the neck and practically saved our bacon in those first few matches. He played 11 matches in 30 days from what I've read. Fatigue was an issue towards the end of the season, but to say he can't control a football is rubbish. You also say he was constantly losing the ball, which is obviously hyperbole, but may actually be grounded in reality. I don't know the stats, but I'm pretty sure that players in more advanced positions (which is where he was played) are bound to lose the ball more. It happens to Ben Arfa as well. He tries to create yet sometimes runs into blind alleys, holds onto the ball too long or tries an adventurous pass that gets intercepted. Yet I don't see you complaining about him?

In short, your opinion on our players makes you sound like a mackem. Maybe you do have spent too much time on there.. :lol:

Accusing me of being a fan of an arch rival because my opinion differs from the majority? Hmm, which messageboard have I seen that on, I'll give you a hint, its mostly red.

Irony.

Accusing me of being a fan of an arch rival because my opinion differs from the majority? Hmm, which messageboard have I seen that on, I'll give you a hint, its mostly red.

Irony.

I haven't accused you of being a mackem have I, just said that you spend so much time on there (you are the poster TWD over there, are you not? If not, apologies) it seems to have affected your judgement.

Irony.

I haven't accused you of being a mackem have I, just said that you spend so much time on there (you are the poster TWD over there, are you not? If not, apologies) it seems to have affected your judgement.

No I'm not, I have been on the forum a few times mostly for amusement purposes but I don't have an account on there.

Anyway we are miles away from the original point, which was that a I don't think a midfield three of Sissoko, Tiote and Marveaux would be a good bet as first choice going into the season due to injury issues and form issues.

If Cabaye is to leave (which I think he will) we need a replacement in a similar mould, and hopefully of the same calibre.

Irony.

No I'm not, I have been on the forum a few times mostly for amusement purposes but I don't have an account on there.

Anyway we are miles away from the original point, which was that a I don't think a midfield three of Sissoko, Tiote and Marveaux would be a good bet as first choice going into the season due to injury issues and form issues.

If Cabaye is to leave (which I think he will) we need a replacement in a similar mould, and hopefully of the same calibre.

Apologies in that case. Always assumed you were the same person.

Guest icemanblue

£23 would easily get us a very good wide player and a CM more adept at driving a side forward in the PL. Sadly it seldom works like that wi these cunts in charge.

Isn't that exactly how it works with this lot, Ron?

£23 would easily get us a very good wide player and a CM more adept at driving a side forward in the PL. Sadly it seldom works like that wi these c***s in charge.

Isn't that exactly how it works with this lot, Ron?

No because the 23 million, must also include the wages over a 5 year period. Therefore we are looking at players we can get for a fee around 5 million pounds max.

Guest icemanblue

Nah. It was a joke because Ron put £23, without the 'm'. He's changed it now, the handsome prick.

Tiote inept for 2 years and Sissoko can't control a football? You spend too much time on RTG TWD. Your brain is slowly but surely eroding.

While i agree i really wouldn't want to see Sissoko and Tiote together, i wouldn't mind Sissoko and Anita though with a more offensive midfielder in front.

I would say Marveaux but i don't think his fitness history can be trusted.