Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I hope no one bids for him, so he can rot in the reserves and kiss the world cup goodbye

Even if its for 10 mil quid , the club will sell him...Cabaye is just the start of the better players leaving. (Will be sad to see HBA leave one day)

Only hope would be for the scouting network to buy wisely every season.

you're probably right, but would like to see him on his knees begging to play again, after his behaviour, that would be what he deserves.

I hope no one bids for him, so he can rot in the reserves and kiss the world cup goodbye

Even if its for 10 mil quid , the club will sell him...Cabaye is just the start of the better players leaving. (Will be sad to see HBA leave one day)

Only hope would be for the scouting network to buy wisely every season.

What are you on about? ???

There's enough shit going on at the club right now without having to invent rubbish like this to complain about.

he's probably going to be off in the final few hours of the window. we won't get anyone in or if we do, it would be some player who was sitting on another team's bench on loan..

Cabaye has an outstanding season, showing his transfer fee was a coup and a bargain..and then jets off for the World Cup..

we will still be sitting here discussing a pathetic season we go through day by day..not going to predict how it will end for us though..

I think we will probably sell him late in the window and I doubt we'll be looking to replace him.  Think we should be looking for an attacking midfielder/winger rather than a Cabaye type and if we don't get that there's no excuse.  Since we shouldn't need to sell Cabaye to bring someone in.

Really doubt he'll be a bargain for the kind of money we're after though, he was a bargain at £4.5m not £15-20m.

The club wants to cash-in. He's not even been hotly pursued but at the first sign of real interest he's with the reserves. I can somewhat understand City but to miss Wham after we've rejecting a bid shows we are not serious about keeping him.

Or he's refusing to play and we don't want to actually say he's refusing to play because it makes our position look weaker?  Who knows what's happening, just throwing a possible alternative out there.  I don't doubt we'll be happy to sell him for top money either, don't believe we'll sell him otherwise though and I think our past dealings back that up.

Sorry if already posted;

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has insisted he will put the club before Yohan Cabaye.

France international midfielder Cabaye, 27, was the subject of a rejected bid of about £10m from Arsenal and has yet to play for the Magpies this season. Pardew declined to confirm whether or not Cabaye refused to play in the first two games of the season against Manchester City and West Ham but said he will play no part in Wednesday's Capital One Cup second round tie at Morecambe.

Pardew said: "The answer isn't as simple as a 'yes' or a 'no'. The answer is he is either going to be sold and we are going to have to replace him in the window that we have left, or he's going to stay.

"But I, as the manager, have to protect him and protect the football club, more importantly. The first thing on my agenda is the football club, trust me, and that will always come first while I am the manager here."

FWIW I think we already bought his replacement in Sissoko (in the club's thinking), so I don't think we're that fussed about keeping him. If we get close to £15m we'll sell. I don't think we'll be buying another central midfielder.

The club wants to cash-in. He's not even been hotly pursued but at the first sign of real interest he's with the reserves. I can somewhat understand City but to miss Wham after we've rejecting a bid shows we are not serious about keeping him.

Or he's refusing to play and we don't want to actually say he's refusing to play because it makes our position look weaker?  Who knows what's happening, just throwing a possible alternative out there.  I don't doubt we'll be happy to sell him for top money either, don't believe we'll sell him otherwise though and I think our past dealings back that up.

I don't believe he's refusing to play.

I've good word he did, not entirely sure what happened, but he was happy to carry on playing but him and Pards exchanged words in the City dressing room which turned into a heated row, which ended up with Cabaye insisting to be taken off the team sheet. Since then they have both talked about the situation and both have agreed for the time being it's best not to play till issue is resolved but Cabaye won't push for a move to Arsenal as ideally wants to go back to France. That’s not say he won’t sign if they stumped up the cash but can’t see him submitting any transfer requests as he would still happily play here if the deal never happened.

I've good word he did, not entirely sure what happened, but he was happy to carry on playing but him and Pards exchanged words in the City dressing room which turned into a heated row, which ended up with Cabaye insisting to be taken off the team sheet. Since then they have both talked about the situation and both have agreed for the time being it's best not to play till issue is resolved but Cabaye won't push for a move to Arsenal as ideally wants to go back to France. That’s not say he won’t sign if they stumped up the cash but can’t see him submitting any transfer requests as he would still happily play here if the deal never happened.

He didn't travel down to Manchester.

Source?

Thought not.