Yohan Cabaye retires

*sigh*

Could end up being Pjanic to PSG, Cabaye to Roma playing under Garcia again.

Can't see Roma paying anywhere near the cash we would demand tbh.

Could potentially use it from the Pjanic sale like. Who knows  :sad:

With him being massively inconsistent in his first 2 season, now he is in the form of his life, is it worth cashing in. Next season he may go back to being inconsistent? It's hard to say if he will sustain this form for the next few years.

Andy Carrol 35 million.

What does this even mean?

He was in the form of his life, then we sold him, and he turned out to be pretty damn average.

I don't think Cabaye is an average player, but I think he is performing above his level.

Cabaye is the type of player we should be building our whole team around, not cashing in and letting another team do the same.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Massively inconsistent my arse. He had some s**** games last season (like basically all of the squad) but it's obvious as f*** that he's a fine player.

Played a few games injured last season too.

TRC has routinely called Cabaye s**** on here.

I just think he is finally living up to his hype.

If you think Cabaye is average who do you think is good ?

Guest bimpy474

This is the first season he's played more advanced on a regular basis. Seems to suit him, not a proper 10 mind. More of a free role with Anita and Tiote behind him.

So what sort of player, that we could get, would be better than Cabaye ? ............ps I'm not been a dick here I'm honestly just curious

Maybe so, but I just think in football players value drops dramatically after a bad season. I'd also have very different opinions on Cabaye if Ashley was not our chairman. I don't have faith that we could build a team around him, so we might as well sell whilst stock is high, or before Pardew puts him into a limiting role.

Personally think he had more poor games than good last season (same can be said about more or less every other member of the squad). But he really has been consistently outstanding this season. Wouldn't sell him for anything because we won't get a replacement as good.

Guest bimpy474

So what sort of player, that we could get, would be better than Cabaye ? ............ps I'm not been a dick here I'm honestly just curious

I suppose another Cabaye out of the blue. Mind you that begs the question why we haven't done that since Cabaye actually.

This is the first season he's played more advanced on a regular basis. Seems to suit him, not a proper 10 mind. More of a free role with Anita and Tiote behind him.

I agree with this. I just think once/if HBA comes back in the team Cabaye will be pushed back and Anita dropped.