Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

One thing is for sure if we do sell, given our limited scope for transfers, his replacement will be inferior.

You're probably right about the replacement being worse, but TBF that is the same capacity for transfers that saw us buy Cabaye in the first place. Sometimes it's like the signings we do make don't exist on here.

Meant more than given we limited ourselves to a very narrow market and Cabaye is at the peak of that market (starting for France) the only way would be down given that the other French, Dutch, Belgian national team starting midfielders would not entertain a move here.

I actually think he'll go in the summer but I don't know why people would be surprised if we take a last minute massive offer and still bring nobody in. From their point of view theirs no danger of us going down and a real opportunity to cash in. They've done it before they'll do it again.

I actually think he'll go in the summer but I don't know why people would be surprised if we take a last minute massive offer and still bring nobody in. From their point of view theirs no danger of us going down and a real opportunity to cash in. They've done it before they'll do it again.

Spot on. We'll sell him this window I reckon, too good an opportunity to cash in big. We aren't getting relegated and there's no chance we'll make up 6pts to challenge for a European spot either.

Spot on. We'll sell him this window I reckon, too good an opportunity to cash in big. We aren't getting relegated and there's no chance we'll make up 6pts to challenge for a European spot either.

We have Norwich on Tuesday, Everton have Liverpool away. That could be 3 points with a home game against a bottom three team to follow. Wish people would have more faith in us even if the people above don't man.

One thing is for sure if we do sell, given our limited scope for transfers, his replacement will be inferior.

You're probably right about the replacement being worse, but TBF that is the same capacity for transfers that saw us buy Cabaye in the first place. Sometimes it's like the signings we do make don't exist on here.

Meant more than given we limited ourselves to a very narrow market and Cabaye is at the peak of that market (starting for France) the only way would be down given that the other French, Dutch, Belgian national team starting midfielders would not entertain a move here.

Maybe temporarily down, but we always seem to aim to replace players with better (or potentially better) and are generally quite successful at doing it.

Under Pardew, you could argue the only player who has been replaced with worse is Santon for Jose (though the gamble was fair, going for a young Italian international, and Jose has hardly got a look in at Liverpool recently). Carroll to Ba to Remy is debatable, but are all good in their own right imho.

We have Norwich on Tuesday, Everton have Liverpool away. That could be 3 points with a home game against a bottom three team to follow. Wish people would have more faith in us even if the people above don't man.

We've got Man City too, plus some more tough games before a nice run-in...which will be complicated by everyone fighting against relegation. It's still wide open.