Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

whats with these stupidly low bids for him btw? They have to know we'd never sell at that price

Bet it won't take much more. £17m would do it I think. We know we'd only get about £12m in summer anyway.

Why would we only get £12m? Is his contract up in 2015? (Genuine question)

2016. Basically he is talking crap

Crap? Cabaye has all of the power here and everyone knows he wants to leave. As much as we rate him, he's not worth the figures this forum is branding about, basically because he plays for us.

whats with these stupidly low bids for him btw? They have to know we'd never sell at that price

Bet it won't take much more. £17m would do it I think. We know we'd only get about £12m in summer anyway.

He has as much power as any other player in this position.

We don't have to sell unless our asking price is met.

Crap? Cabaye has all of the power here and everyone knows he wants to leave. As much as we rate him, he's not worth the figures this forum is branding about, basically because he plays for us.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: Their first offer is higher than what you claim we will get ffs. A good WC and more teams interested and yes you are talking utter crap

in a market where Fellaini is worth 28m and with PSG who are hardly financially prudent interested and with less than a week left in the window he's worth as much as the club wants to ask for him which won't be low.

If we can get £30m+ for Caroll we should be easily getting 20+ for Cabaye

Young English striker going to a club who were being paid £50m for one of their players. Completely different situation.

For the record, I'd tell Cabaye he can leave at the end of his contract, and not before, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Young English striker going to a club who were being paid £50m for one of their players. Completely different situation.

For the record, I'd tell Cabaye he can leave at the end of his contract, and not before, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

And get nout for him? I know all this "running the club as a business" malarky has been done to death, but that is mental.

While the linked clubs this time are one with a bottomless pit of money and not afraid to spend it in PSG and a desperate Manchester United who are not short of money either. Plus with plenty of time left on his contract and previous where the club just won't say ok you can go when Cabaye threw a strop in August wanting to leave we're in control of this one.

Guest Roger Kint

And get nout for him? I know all this "running the club as a business" malarky has been done to death, but that is mental.

As mental as the idea of the player accepting it and staying here without any fuss

As mental as the idea of the player accepting it and staying here without any fuss

Hence why Cabaye has all of the power here.

Well done on proving my point like ;-)

I must have missed the boat load of transfers where a player downs tools and goes for relative peanuts. It's not as if Man Utd just paid £37m for someone frozen out at Chelsea

He doesn't actually, we've already shown we just won't give into him if he throws a hissy fit and theres a world cup in 6 months.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: If your point was to sound daft then yeah. Everything you have said is as far from reality as it gets tbh.

But he only has the power if we allow it surely, 2 years on his contract...we don't need to sell.  What can he do? Go on strike again...in the second part of the season in a WC year? I doubt it considering they had no problem dropping him after the Summer.