Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He got an tremendous shot. Imo allready as good as Barton was. Also got that winning mentality comming from a ligue 1 champions. Will probably just become better and better. Just love how he allways picks out our forwards with passes between their midfielders.

Still think we lack more runs down the flanks though. Obertan and gutierrez should be more down there and in the face of the defenders. That said Obertan had a few good runs down the flank, hope he will do them much more often as confidence and settling starts to kick in.

Guest Milburnthedog

Thought he looked good in the matches so far. If HBA can get (and stay) fit we may have some invention. Now we need a striker.

Guest bimpy474

He's like a more athletic version of Emre. Very impressed so far.

Aye not being shaped like a weeble helps though.

Still think we lack more runs down the flanks though. Obertan and gutierrez should be more down there and in the face of the defenders. That said Obertan had a few good runs down the flank, hope he will do them much more often as confidence and settling starts to kick in.

This is only really possible when you have faith in your full-backs which we clearly haven't... Was noticeable again today that Jonas is doing his best to protect Raylor and Obertan's standout contribution to the game was his defensive duties including some excellent tackles and covering...

Starting to settle into the league, once his fitness is tip top he is going to be massive for us, the huge grin he had on his face when he came over to take the corners are was given a huge reception.

:D

Guest mimifrench

From what you've seen in the matches, does your coach give him a more offensive or defensive role in your formation/system ?

From what you've seen in the matches, does your coach give him a more offensive or defensive role in your formation/system ?

both tbh from what I've seen, tough in the tackle but spraying some excellent passes and some superb shots on goal thats sooner or later going to end in the net

He seemed to play with a lot of freedom today and went where the ball was.

Guest bimpy474

He seemed to play with a lot of freedom today and went where the ball was.

Just what i was about to say....;)

Guest mimifrench

both tbh from what I've seen, tough in the tackle but spraying some excellent passes and some superb shots on goal thats sooner or later going to end in the net

Yes, he played a kind like that in Lille.

I think that when he'll really settle in your team, he'll score some cracking goals for you.

I've seen his face while he is playing for NUFC, he seems to be very happy to be here and enjoy to play in such a stadium with such a fans...

Guest bimpy474

IMO with that right foot of his he could easily be scoring 7~8 goals a season. Would go a long way towards replacing "Nolan's Goals"

I reckon he will break into the box like Nolan too, as soon as we are more settled as a team, he just looks like he times his forward moves cleverly.

Guest bimpy474

How can they not mention him on motd, if it was a Chelsea, Man Shitty or Liverpool midfielder they would be going ape.

Shithouses.

How can they not mention him on motd, if it was a Chelsea, Man Shitty or Liverpool midfielder they would be going ape.

Shithouses.

Let's just keep him below the radar

Shithouses.

Its better that way tbh. Lee Dixon is an absolute cunt. Just thought I'd mention that.

Shithouses.

Let's just keep him below the radar

This, this and more of this.