Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye has class coming out of every pore, on the pitch and off it. How the hell did we land him?

By selling Nolan for the same amount of money! Coup!

I wonder how many of the Nolan fan boys would show up in this thread and admit they were wrong? More than likely they'll just move to other threads where they see the opportunity to bash the current owners.

Cabaye has class coming out of every pore, on the pitch and off it. How the hell did we land him?

I wonder how many of the Nolan fan boys would show up in this thread and admit they were wrong? More than likely they'll just move to other threads where they see the opportunity to bash the current owners.

I still would have kept Nolan on in the "official captain" capacity tbh.

Nolan went because he's apparently very greedy and wanted bigger wages and a bumper contract.

By saying that Cabaye was his replacement is admitting that isn't the case and we were actually actively trying to get rid.

Which is what the "Ashley bashers" are arguing in the first place.

Right on cue

Well he wasn't. For a start, he arrived before Nolan left :lol:

He's playing where Nolan did last season. Quite a few people expressed concer about a "foreigner" with no prem experience replacing Nolan in the team.

However, I appreciated the effort to upgrade on Nolan, whose game I wasn't a fan of. Yeah it was a risk, but a very worthy one.

Cabaye has not only made us tougher through the middle, but has also added a creative element.

Those two qualities ultimately make us better in midfield overall. Not surprised we are currently grinding out results despite not quite clicking offensively yet.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Tiote doesn't fast on matchdays apparently.

Aye, he was drinking on the touchline yesterday.

There must be special dispensation by allah & they must have loads of scran on a night.

Right on cue

He's playing where Nolan did last season. Quite a few people expressed concer about a "foreigner" with no prem experience replacing Nolan in the team.

However, I appreciated the effort to upgrade on Nolan, whose game I wasn't a fan of. Yeah it was a risk, but a very worthy one.

Cabaye has not only made us tougher through the middle, but has also added a creative element.

Those two qualities ultimately make us better in midfield overall. Not surprised we are currently grinding out results despite not quite clicking offensively yet.

Aren't you supposedly an African? Why the hell are you using logic on a football forum when you should be more concerned about avoiding starvation?

Right on cue

Aren't you supposedly an African? Why the hell are you using logic on a football forum when you should be more concerned about avoiding starvation?

Um, thanks?! I think.

:lol:

By the way there are many sides to me ... just describing me as an African, does not do enough justice to the wonderful human being that I am.

I thank you.

Stop trying to be Baba, you'll never be Baba.

Look ... being Baba as you describe it is simply me gving you a bit of my Naija swagger. I only show it once in a while.

Chief commander Baba gives it to you guys full force. I like that about him. I did notice that it has been sweeting you guys well, well.

Baba is his own man, as am I. Please don't insult either one of us. Like I said my Naija side is only a small part of who I am.

How does that work? I'm tagged as Nolan's biggest supporter and and Ashley apologist.

The mind boggles.

Right on cue

Where was this? Can only think of Dave, Mick or Wullie playing Devil's Advocate.

Is he definitely fasting for Ramadan? Cos there is a pic of him drinking from the match pics on .co.uk

:iamatwat:

Anyway - "During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours." Why do some of it? Might as well do it all then.

↲↲Some moslem don't fast in certain days of ramadhan if they have intensive physical activities. It can be replaced by giving 60 poor people who can't afford food. Some others said it only applied to people who have illness or in no condition to fast. It depends on which he believes though. Giving meal to 60 people is easy for profesional footballer isn't it.

Is he definitely fasting for Ramadan? Cos there is a pic of him drinking from the match pics on .co.uk

:iamatwat:

Anyway - "During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight hours." Why do some of it? Might as well do it all then.

↲↲Some moslem don't fast in certain days of ramadhan if they have intensive physical activities. It can be replaced by giving 60 poor people who can't afford food. Some others said it only applied to people who have illness or in no condition to fast. It depends on which he believes though. Giving meal to 60 people is easy for profesional footballer isn't it.

how did i know there'd be a workaround :lol: