Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It's mad how he goes from Carlton Palmer to Xavi just by playing 10-15 yards further forward. Exaggeration like, but ye nah.

:lol: drop him 10 further back and he goes from Carlton Palmer to Carlton Banks

sigh

Here you go, practically begging for it...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv14okIuhf1r2s3o0.gif

Guest optimistic nit

Ashley invests purely on a high sell on basis, if he can get a player for 20m who is guaranteed a significant profit then he will do it.

The reason he was willing to spend 6.7m on Anita and not on Debuchy was because of his age and high resale value.

It's frustrating but we know how it works at this stage, we are going to have soldier on and accept the negatives that come with Ashley's leadership as there is a lot of positives too.

I remember this time last year there was similar unrest and then we went and spent close to 10m on Cisse and everything was positive again.

I for one would not be surprised at all if we are active in January again.

its not just resale value, it makes more sense to spend more money on a player who you will have for 10 years rather than a player you will only have for 5. if resale value was the only issue then i very much doubt we'd still have a couple of the players currently on our books.

i also wanted to see cabaye in an more advanced position. But i think (maybe) the everton game showed us that he probably is best playing a bit deeper...almost in line with tiote, coz with his passing and vision he is best with game in front of him.

he can still make the runs forward and be a treat. in a line up with cisse, ba, arfa, LW? i dont mind him playing deeper....he still makes great assists from there.

i also wanted to see cabaye in an more advanced position. But i think (maybe) the everton game showed us that he probably is best playing a bit deeper...almost in line with tiote, coz with his passing and vision he is best with game in front of him.

he can still make the runs forward and be a treat. in a line up with cisse, ba, arfa, LW? i dont mind him playing deeper....he still makes great assists from there.

His quality is playing a final through ball to Cisse or Ba. They're not long balls over the top or just balls into a dangerous area, as Shearer would have us believe is all you need to do as a playmaker. Cabaye's quality is his ability to spot a run and weight a pass. For that reason I would rather he got the ball somewhere further up field so he can get his head up and make something happen. Don't want to see him winning the ball in our half and then figure out how to work it into an advanced position with his undoubted lack of pace.

I know hes had a below average start but to compare him in any way to Smudger is a joke. He had a great first season an like Tiote last season is struggling for form in his 2nd season. He hasn't become a shite player over night. I expect improvement in his game. Same can be said of Cisse