Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He's dog s*** in 4-4-2 is what I'm trying to say. If people people are happy for a centre mid to pick out a sublime pass once a game then fair enough.

It´s not about what players offers, just how popular they are.

I wouldn´t want to sell Cabaye, not anyone else either, but we need to start playing a football that suits our players!

I feel Cabaye became vastly overrated once RTG said Gardener was better. Cabaye has quality, but does not contribute enough in a 4-4-2, we haven't controlled games in midfield well enough this season. Cabaye may look better along side Tiote, but pretty much anyone would.

Appear to be in the minority but I still believe he is one of our most important players, and IMO after Ben arfa the most technically gifted player in the team

Yes. And that´s why it´s not helping when he is hiding most of the time.

Genuinely bored shitless of reading some of the thinly veiled wind ups/contrary attention seaking/ridiculous drivel posts on the football section recently. Dull as dishwater.

Quite.  He's a class act.  Think folk are getting a bit spoiled

Do people actually just ignore all of the work he does in terms of ground covered, tackles made, interceptions, pressing etc? After some of the genuinely fraudulent midfielders we've had over the last 5-6 years as well :lol:

For whatever reason there are a lot of games where he isn't as influential as he should be. Can agree with that. But he is not a passenger.

I feel Cabaye became vastly overrated once RTG said Gardener was better. Cabaye has quality, but does not contribute enough in a 4-4-2, we haven't controlled games in midfield well enough this season. Cabaye may look better along side Tiote, but pretty much anyone would.

I agree with this. I think Tioté help Cabaye to be good. That´s why I rank him more important than Cabaye.

Genuinely bored shitless of reading some of the thinly veiled wind ups/contrary attention seaking/ridiculous drivel posts on the football section recently. Dull as dishwater.

A lot of people just want to see such a talent being used better.

Yep. The contrast in performance from him vs Stoke last season, and all the games in a 4-4-2. Ridiculous.

Yes he makes a lot of challenges which is good for the team, but it would be nice to see him on the ball and dictating play especially at home.

I agree with this. I think Tioté help Cabaye to be good. That´s why I rank him more important than Cabaye.

I must have missed Tiote playing for France in the Euro's.

Yep. The contrast in performance from him vs Stoke last season, and all the games in a 4-4-2. Ridiculous.

Yes he makes a lot of challenges which is good for the team, but it would be nice to see him on the ball and dictating play especially at home.

Villa away was his best performance in a Newcastle shirt imo...4-4-2. Wasn't shoddy against Man Utd up here either.

Gosling showed last night as well that just because you play as part of a two you can't pose a threat in the oppositions box, Nolan did it for us too. There's no real reason why he can't play in a two, do his thing in midfield and still pop up in the box.

I don't remember seeing Tiote playing for France at the Euros or at Lille when Cabaye was their playmaker and one of the most important players that led them to league and cup or the season before that when Cabaye was well into double figures for goals and assists.

Must have passed me by though, as clearly Tiote was there at all times to hold his hand.

I don't remember seeing Tiote playing for France at the Euros or at Lille when Cabaye was their playmaker and one of the most important players that led them to league and cup or the season before that when Cabaye was well into double figures for goals and assists.

Must have passed me by though, as clearly Tiote was there at all times to hold his hand.

Probably because he's not french.

Btw, can't find anything on Cabaye injured or is this ITK?

Not claiming to be ITK but it's from a mate (I know) who was down at the training ground today because he won a competition to be in the team photo (not the official one, but they're sending him it framed and that with him in). Anyway he was allowed to stay and watch them train, Cabaye went down and Carver called for the physio.

If it's balls and he's fine I'll hold my hands up for trusting this gadabout like. Also said the guide told them Ranger was looking for a new club, so.

tl;dr, MY SOURCES ARE REPUTABLE

Do people actually just ignore all of the work he does in terms of ground covered, tackles made, interceptions, pressing etc? After some of the genuinely fraudulent midfielders we've had over the last 5-6 years as well :lol:

For whatever reason there are a lot of games where he isn't as influential as he should be. Can agree with that. But he is not a passenger.

If you don't do tricks, crash into tackles, etc. it doesn't count on here man. Surely you've noticed that.

Lost count of how many interceptions and mop up jobs he did on Sunday which almost don't count because they're boring.