Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I think what's doing it for most people isn't the ability he might have, or that he obviously dislikes Pardew, but at the end of the day we're still paying his wages and there's been some moments lately where it's utterly apparent he doesn't give a fuck.  Regardless of what he thinks of Pardew and the coaching staff it's highly petty, unprofessional and not something that we need right now.

Cabaye doesn't deserve to be in a relegation battle. He had a storming return from injury grabbing a few goals, pulling us by our bootstraps, and showing how much we missed him, but like Sissoko (and virtually everyone else tbh), his zeal has been sapped in a dressing room which doesn't believe in their manager.

The guy can do very special things. Talk of replacing him saddens me - reminds me of the folk who wanted to replace Robert with a grafter :anguish:

How horrible things have got for people to entertain such backwards thoughts :(

:thup: It's madness in this thread.

Madness is claiming the players have no culpability, like you do in every thread.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye doesn't deserve to be in a relegation battle. He had a storming return from injury grabbing a few goals, pulling us by our bootstraps, and showing how much we missed him, but like Sissoko (and virtually everyone else tbh), his zeal has been sapped in a dressing room which doesn't believe in their manager.

The guy can do very special things. Talk of replacing him saddens me - reminds me of the folk who wanted to replace Robert with a grafter :anguish:

Madness is claiming the players have no culpability, like you do in every thread.

Exactly.  Some players are getting with murder imo.

:thup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly. I haven't once done that. But you bury your head in the sand and throw wild assertions around if you like brother

Eh? :lol:

For example, you claimed the 'personnel' had absolutely nothing to do with the deficiencies in our set pieces. Do you think Pardew, as useless as he is, is telling Cabaye to hit the first man and the players in the box to close their eyes, jump 3 inches off the ground and wince?

There are 3 players that we can never replace without spending huge amount of money: Ben Arfa, Colo and Cabaye.  Sheer madness to talk about selling any of them unless they make transfer request.

Not really when we see it every single game.

If you've got anything at all to defend what you said about the poor set pieces having nothing to do with personnel, let's hear it. Try to make it concise because enough of these threads in trouble because of petty rubbish.

Fully agree here.

These are at least decent players, made to look worse by Pardew.

That doesn't excuse them from being shit and/or not trying.

I hope we stay up, get a better manager in and move forward with Cabaye playing a big role in our future. However, I will not forget these last few weeks. A month ago you can see he was frustrated, now he just playing like he doesn't care. Unacceptable.

There are 3 players that we can never replace without spending huge amount of money: Ben Arfa, Colo and Cabaye.  Sheer madness to talk about selling any of them unless they make transfer request.

As much as I love Ben Arfa if he has another season like his last 2 then he is fairly easily replaced, not with the same quality but someone half as good playing twice as much will be a lot more use to us.

As much as I love Ben Arfa if he has another season like his last 2 then he is fairly easily replaced, not with the same quality but someone half as good playing twice as much will be a lot more use to us.

Last 2? Last season he probably won more games for us than we could imagine. We went six straight games winning when he was back in the side. I'd be happy to have him even if it means only 15games a season. Benny, Cabs, Krul and Colo are non-replaceable at the moment.

Honestly ronaldo, I can't discuss anything with you. You claim things as fact that aren't. I.e people "closing eyes and wincing" is absolute toilet. I've fully set out what I think about the set pieces. If you blame over 250 set pieces without a goal purely on players, there is no point discussing anything with you. 

What impact is Pardew having on our corners?

Honestly ronaldo, I can't discuss anything with you. You claim things as fact that aren't. I.e people "closing eyes and wincing" is absolute toilet. I've fully set out what I think about the set pieces. If you blame over 250 set pieces without a goal purely on players, there is no point discussing anything with you. 

He's not blaming it purely on the players though

Last 2? Last season he probably won more games for us than we could imagine. We went six straight games winning when he was back in the side. I'd be happy to have him even if it means only 15games a season. Benny, Cabs, Krul and Colo are non-replaceable at the moment.

I would prefer someone who will play more than a third/quarter of a season but each to their own.

There you go again. I've said time and time again that the tactics, delivery, and lack of willing and able attackers of the ball are to blame for that stat. To spell it out for you, I think the management and the players are both utterly shit in this area.

Honestly, man. Thick as mince.