Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest icemanblue

Does sound like he's on the way out  :( Not really surprising, though yes the proviso at the bottom won't be recorded hmmm.

'If/when what Cabaye has said is reported elsewhere, it will no doubt be used to say how he is angling to leave and it is a ‘come and get me’ style interview but when speaking he does sound a bit low and while he isn’t declaring undying love for Newcastle, he doesn’t appear to want to leave Newcastle.

We will only find out as and when a club makes an offer, let’s hope that isn’t on the agenda.'

Guest neesy111

I suspect he'll have an open mind if offers come in but nothing suggests he's defo leaving.

It sounds more like the interviewer was angling for the Cabaye wants to leave exclusive. Cabaye does what any self preservist would, doesn't burn any bridges. Any player, whoever he is, whoever he plays for, would want to move to a bigger club for better money, it's called ambition. Nothing groundbreaking here...

"BREAKING NEWS: Premiership footballer says he's open to getting paid more money from a bigger team whilst having the opportunity to play in the Champions League shocker!"

I don't blame any player for wanting to jump ship, but I don't get why they say these things to journalists. I find it hard to believe a manager of a top club would read it and think "oh maybe we should bid for him". I'm sure there are subtler ways of getting the message out, although he doesn't really need to tell anyone he would be interested in Man U.

I don't blame any player for wanting to jump ship, but I don't get why they say these things to journalists. I find it hard to believe a manager of a top club would read it and think "oh maybe we should bid for him". I'm sure there are subtler ways of getting the message out, although he doesn't really need to tell anyone he would be interested in Man U.

Players gets asked questions during interviews, what do you expect them to say?

Interviewer:"Do you think it would great to play for a club like Manchester United?"

Player: "No it would be horrible."

Said this in the Pardew thread, but really wouldn't blame any of our 'football' players if they moved to better, footballing, sides.

Am sure that a bit of ambition shown by the board would likely have changed a few opinions, but deciding to stick with Pardew will have sent a clear message to some players.

Does sound like he's on the way out  :( Not really surprising, though yes the proviso at the bottom won't be recorded hmmm.

Not really, it's clichétastic.

Of course it could be a bad translation, but totally sounds like he wants off. "For the moment" on several occasions, talking of agents working for him. Not good enough for ManU though.

Just being on the man utd bench would make him an automatic start for France.

So it's a good move for him.  carrick is not going to play every game .  They got prem games, champ league and all the domestic cup games.  He'll get his chances.

That's presuming Manyoo are interested in him after last season, he may have been under certain constrains or suffering with physical/mental problems but he hardly captained the side to fight back. Last season will have done a number of players more damage than good IMO.