Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Lille's stadium is smaller than Pompey's man, they may be in the Champions League, and (until the end of this transfer window anyway) have a great little squad, but there not a 'big club' by any means, there going through a honey moon period and will probably be off the map within a year of 2. They havn't got the tools to keep this up imo, and this is probably what the players who are jumping ship see aswel.

Lille's stadium is small but they are moving in to a 50,000 seater in the upcoming season.

Lille's stadium is smaller than Pompey's man, they may be in the Champions League, and (until the end of this transfer window anyway) have a great little squad, but there not a 'big club' by any means, there going through a honey moon period and will probably be off the map within a year of 2. They havn't got the tools to keep this up imo, and this is probably what the players who are jumping ship see aswel.

Lille's stadium is small but they are moving in to a 50,000 seater in the upcoming season.

Are they? Fair enough then i'm talking shit :lol:

Are they? Fair enough then i'm talking s*** :lol:

Yup, according to wiki.

Are they? Fair enough then i'm talking s*** :lol:

Yup, according to wiki.

They still haven't won much in their history - so they are not a giant club by any stretch.  Spent quite a few seasons in Ligue 2 I think before this 'boom' period.

Actually the reaction is more about his international team status. He is just very new to the team and by playing outside France for a team that has no Europe competition is quite risky to be honest.  Even though we are a bigger club, Blanc would not care about it.

I know there are various kind of reasons behind, but Ginola, Robert and Ben Arfa all lose their international team status during their time at Newcastle. Therefore I kinda understand why there's such a response.

Actually the reaction is more about his international team status. He is just very new to the team and by playing outside France for a team that has no Europe competition is quite risky to be honest.  Even though we are a bigger club, Blanc would not care about it.

I know there are various kind of reasons behind, but Ginola, Robert and Ben Arfa all lose their international team status during their time at Newcastle. Therefore I kinda understand why there's such a response.

Strange that.  :dowie:

Actually the reaction is more about his international team status. He is just very new to the team and by playing outside France for a team that has no Europe competition is quite risky to be honest.  Even though we are a bigger club, Blanc would not care about it.

I concur :dowie:, Ben Arfa was going to be selected for France's Euro 2012 qualifiers back in September/October until that c*** De Jong snapped his leg.

Didn't Blanc want Ben Arfa to come to us? I'm sure I remember some quotes from him or from a source close to him, saying he was going to monitor HBA closely and was very interested to see how he'd cope in the PL. Don't see why it'd be any different for Cabaye tbh.

Actually the reaction is more about his international team status. He is just very new to the team and by playing outside France for a team that has no Europe competition is quite risky to be honest.  Even though we are a bigger club, Blanc would not care about it.

I concur :dowie:, Ben Arfa was going to be selected for France's Euro 2012 qualifiers back in September/October until that c*** De Jong snapped his leg.

He did get dropped BEFORE that incident.  I forgot the reason though.

He did get dropped BEFORE that incident.  I forgot the reason though.

He played against Norway in August.

Didn't Blanc want Ben Arfa to come to us? I'm sure I remember some quotes from him or from a source close to him, saying he was going to monitor HBA closely and was very interested to see how he'd cope in the PL. Don't see why it'd be any different for Cabaye tbh.

Yeah, I remember Blanc saying something along those lines.

Love how the Frenchies are p*ssed off that he chose us :lol:

Dno, it´s a bith of both really. Reading their forum a lot of people understand him wanting a new challange and to play in the Premier league. Even tough we aren´t in the Champ league he´d be guaranteed to play in a very competitive league with some top top clubs and that´s something he needs to do in order to improve as a player. They are mainly pissed at the price, 4.3m for a player that has been instrumental to their success chipping in with 20 goals and 20 assists over the past 2 seasons and now a member of the French setup, it´s an absolute steal.

Right, having read a couple of articles, it seems that Ben Arfa's fitness was the main reason for being dropped. Hardly NUFC's fault that:

He did get dropped from the squad, but that was more down to him running round his mothers back garden to keep his fitness up instead of training with a squad because he ran away.

^this basically.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11images/ben-arfa-cabaye.jpg

:smitten:

Cabaye ''This shit just got real''

Ben Arfa ''oui''