Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

OK, had enough now..... if all's said is true, he needs to p*ss off sharpish and we need to draw a line under the whole affair. Drain Arsenal or PSG for maximum cash and boot him out.

After last season's craven show and complete lack of effort does he really think he holds all the cards?

Absolutely. Craven is the right word.

I really fell out of love with Cabaye last season. Week after week. For the team captain to show so little fight, so little interest in the club was infuriating. Reminded me so much of Michael Owen and his gutless performances.

Say what you will about Cisse-- and there is a lot of shit being said about him-- he was still fighting for the club. While Cabaye had given up and crashed to the ground with "cramps", Cisse scored the goal in added time that kept us up.

Just fuck off already.

We will settle for 14m and call it undisclosed.

I want rid of him asap. Crossed the line with his refusal to play, especially after a season where we backed him throughout his poor form and personal problems. He should be looking to repay our faith in him. Poor form.

I want rid of him asap. Crossed the line with his refusal to play, especially after a season where we backed him throughout his poor form and personal problems. He should be looking to repay our faith in him. Poor form.

Has this been actually confirmed or is it just heresay?

Guest bimpy474

Well it's being argued that he refused because he doesn't want to get injured, so said Ryder in the Chronicle. Or the club's lying by saying he refused. Or Ashley is not letting him play so he doesn't get injured so we can sell him.

Take your pick.

Well it's being argued that he refused because he doesn't want to get injured, so said Ryder in the Chronicle. Or the club's lying by saying he refused. Or Ashley is not letting him play so he doesn't get injured so we can sell him.

Take your pick.

Is that a 'no' then? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Take your pick.

Yep :lol:

Take your pick.

Yep :lol:

Take your pick.

Take your pick.

Or he could be French.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-transfers-joe-kinnear-2222474

Newcastle have told Arsenal they must cough up £20million for Yohan Cabaye – with three-quarters of the money up front.

Toon director of ­football Joe Kinnear has taken over ­negotiations with the Gunners after the French playmaker informed Newcastle boss Alan Pardew he wants to leave.

Cabaye sat out ­Saturday’s goalless draw with West Ham because he was not in the right frame of mind to play, after the Geordies rejected Arsenal’s £10m bid .

Kinnear said: “We’ve told Arsenal our terms, the ball is in their court.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10265627/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-turns-guns-on-absent-Yohan-Cabaye-following-draw-with-West-Ham.html

If Arsenal want to sign the player they’re going to need to sign him soon because at some point we’re just going to say no,” Pardew said. “That’s a position we’ll get to in a couple of days unless something gets resolved.

“I think that’s the ideal situation for the manager, the player and more importantly for our fans who are suffering. He’s not been involved [against West Ham]. He’s on our books so he should be, in my opinion.”

Sounds desperate to keep him. :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10265627/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-turns-guns-on-absent-Yohan-Cabaye-following-draw-with-West-Ham.html

If Arsenal want to sign the player they’re going to need to sign him soon because at some point we’re just going to say no,” Pardew said. “That’s a position we’ll get to in a couple of days unless something gets resolved.

“I think that’s the ideal situation for the manager, the player and more importantly for our fans who are suffering. He’s not been involved [against West Ham]. He’s on our books so he should be, in my opinion.”

Sounds desperate to keep him. :lol:

No doubt now Golfmag was right when Pardew was appointed: Pardew takes a cut of any transfer profit we make. Some way to run a football club aiming for top 8.

Each Pardew quote is just something out of a Michael Owen type brochure for Cabaye. It's all designed to get the most interest and money for him. Except buying clubs aren't idiots and will know what he can do and what he's worth.